Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

True - those names are still viable for awhile - But Klobuchar barely registered in one of the recent polls - staying power is going to be key or they just hang in until the primaries & caucuses basically force them out next February & March 

Hopefully they bump up the polling requirements even more for the 5th debate. They could knock out half of the 10 that qualified for this debate just by setting the polling requirement at 4%.

52 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Hopefully they bump up the polling requirements even more for the 5th debate. They could knock out half of the 10 that qualified for this debate just by setting the polling requirement at 4%.

You may disagree but I don't want to see too many "knocked out" too rapidly. Having three or four 3-percenters still in the race when primary season occurs will put some pressure on the left-wingers not to go completely off the rails with their policy ideas. I have to admit, however, that at this point, my hope is that either Booker, O'Rourke or Castro starts making a move to separate himself from the two others and Klobuchar and if Biden begins to fall off as appears likely that those more moderate Dems and maybe also Mayor Pete and Harris will all throw their support behind the guy with the momentum and that person will overtake Warren and Sanders for the nomination.

But I'm probably pissing into the wind on that and instead we'll get a really ugly down and dirty convention which will benefit the POS in the White House.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

You may disagree but I don't want to see too many "knocked out" too rapidly. Having three or four 3-percenters still in the race when primary season occurs will put some pressure on the left-wingers not to go completely off the rails with their policy ideas. I have to admit, however, that at this point, my hope is that either Booker, O'Rourke or Castro starts making a move to separate himself from the two others and Klobuchar and if Biden begins to fall off as appears likely that those more moderate Dems and maybe also Mayor Pete and Harris will all throw their support behind the guy with the momentum and that person will overtake Warren and Sanders for the nomination.

But I'm probably pissing into the wind on that and instead we'll get a really ugly down and dirty convention which will benefit the POS in the White House.

I'm not sure Sanders can win the nomination this time around -

He's still got his hardcores and many are still probably Bernie or Bust types that won't leave him and possibly won't support the Dem nominee .............then there's those 2016 Sanders fans that have fanned out to other candidates like Beto, Warren, Pete & Even Harris and these voters would probably back the eventual nominee regardless of who it is.

Sanders has got his message out into the mainstream and a lot of his positions have been picked up by other candidates in various fashions, so based on that alone, I'm thinking the Bernie support isn't as strong as it was in 2016 and he has a cap on the votes & delegates he can collect.

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

He's still got his hardcores and many are still probably Bernie or Bust types that won't leave him and possibly won't support the Dem nominee .............then there's those 2016 Sanders fans that have fanned out to other candidates like Beto, Warren, Pete & Even Harris and these voters would probably back the eventual nominee regardless of who it is.

Sanders has got his message out into the mainstream and a lot of his positions have been picked up by other candidates in various fashions, so based on that alone, I'm thinking the Bernie support isn't as strong as it was in 2016 and he has a cap on the votes & delegates he can collect.

The Bern has cooled.  He made his legacy though, even if he never reaches the oval office. He moved the entire political spectrum to the left in one campaign.  He got people talking.    60 years from now the democratic party will look at him with similar nostalgia I do with Goldwater.

20 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Bernie's job was done.  He put his ideas into the mainstream, and I am one of those you've mentioned that, while I support Bernie in the primaries, will vote D no matter who we nominate.  Apart from Biden, most of those candidates you mentioned have more or less incorporated his platform. 

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Bern has cooled.  He made his legacy though, even if he never reaches the oval office. He moved the entire political spectrum to the left in one campaign.  He got people talking.    60 years from now the democratic party will look at him with similar nostalgia I do with Goldwater.

I realize my post was more or less repeating this.

Except for that horrific remark about Goldwater, but you do you, naked forest runner.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

I realize my post was more or less repeating this.

Except for that horrific remark about Goldwater, but you do you, naked forest runner.

Running naked in the forest, while reminiscing about a time when small government, fiscal responsibility, free trade and cooperation with our allies and developing nations were staples in the GOP.

Ahhhhhh.  Feels good. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Running naked in the forest, while reminiscing about a time when small government, fiscal responsibility, free trade and cooperation with our allies and developing nations were staples in the GOP.

Ahhhhhh.  Feels good. 

I prefer running naked knowing that I won't have to pay a $100 ER copay when I accidentally trip on my enormous cock.

Harris is celebrating that Gabbard didn’t qualify. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater