Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

Klobuchar has now qualified for the fall debates after having reached 130,000 donors.

Castro and Yang need one more poll at over 2% each, while Tulsi needs about 1,600 more donors and three more qualifying polls.

Klobuchar is lifeless as a candidate. I get Midwestern nice is her appeal, but you have to show something or why are you even running? Oh well, like Rand Paul, we need good senators too.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Obviously you didn't read the article...the moderates and undecideds are the ones that the Dems are in trouble with and those people are the ones who will decide the election.  I'm one of them and right now, I'm having a hard time choosing a Dem over Trump.

It's almost as if many of their major policies are unfavorable with voters...Maybe if a few of them speak Spanish again in the next debate it'll boost their popularity.

1564768382422.jpg

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

There are some Dems moderates can support, if only the Dems run the right person up the flagpole.  Trump losing reelection is totally in the Dems hands.  Totally!

Of the front runners, the only one IMO who has a chance is Biden. Warren and Bernie have no shot and Harris has too much baggage. Even Biden is going to have a rough go. Young people don’t want anything to do with an old white Democrat and will not vote. I’m not sure he has much of a following with women either.

IMO It doesn’t even come down to who votes for Biden if he is the nominee. I think it all comes down to how many independents and moderates can’t stand Trump and his demeanor, and how many agree with his policies and will overlook it. If he would be more diplomatic he would run away with the election. But, that wouldn’t be Trump. 

OK just  'uniquely donated; an entire $5 for Tulsi.

Success!

We've sent you an email receipt.

Thank you for your generous donation and support!

the return email: If you can, please take a moment to share our message with 5 of your friends and help us get the word out about our campaign.

Your support means everything to me. This is a people-powered campaign. We don't accept PAC money, and we value every single hard-earned dollar. Your support keeps us on the road, and helps spread our message of service before self.

When we stand united, motivated by care for each other and love for our country, there's no challenge we cannot overcome.

With warm aloha,   Tulsi

cerified_Subarus.jpg

19 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Of the front runners, the only one IMO who has a chance is Biden. Warren and Bernie have no shot and Harris has too much baggage. Even Biden is going to have a rough go. Young people don’t want anything to do with an old white Democrat and will not vote. I’m not sure he has much of a following with women either.

IMO It doesn’t even come down to who votes for Biden if he is the nominee. I think it all comes down to how many independents and moderates can’t stand Trump and his demeanor, and how many agree with his policies and will overlook it. If he would be more diplomatic he would run away with the election. But, that wouldn’t be Trump. 

For the most part, I disagree.

Anyone who thinks that by voting for Biden they will have 8 years of an old fart in the WH hasn't been paying attention. Besides one last chance to get to be president, Biden is running to rid the country of Donald Trump. He's never suggested he has any interest beyond that so if he gets the nomination and chooses a young running mate, the writing will be on the wall that after 4 years and his 80th birthday he will turn the reins over to his VP and work hard to get him/her elected in 2024.

Regarding your final point, I think Trump is so dumb and such a loose cannon that it's within the realm of possibility that in the next 15 months, he will use the N-word in public. He and his handlers will thereafter attempt to pass it off as a joke but if he does use that vile term, because one thing which isn't tolerated by the typical millennial is racism, that will greatly bump up the number of younger people who turn out to vote.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

For the most part, I disagree.

Anyone who thinks that by voting for Biden they will have 8 years of an old fart in the WH hasn't been paying attention. Besides one last chance to get to be president, Biden is running to rid the country of Donald Trump. He's never suggested he has any interest beyond that so if he gets the nomination and chooses a young running mate, the writing will be on the wall that after 4 years and his 80th birthday he will turn the reins over to his VP and work hard to get him/her elected in 2024.

Regarding your final point, I think Trump is so dumb and such a loose cannon that it's within the realm of possibility that in the next 15 months, he will use the N-word in public. He and his handlers will attempt to pass it off as a joke but if he does that, because one thing which isn't tolerated by the typical millennial is racism, that will greatly bump up the number of younger people who will vote.

Your last paragraph is very possible and it doesn’t even have to be the N word. He could say things so outrageous that independents and moderates say enough of this. I’m sure he has been told that a hundred times, but he can’t seem to help himself. Most of the time it happens when he feels he has been attacked and then returns a barrage of insults at the attacker(s). However, he can also attack for no apparent reason. The guy has the thinnest skin of any politician around. 

29 minutes ago, pokebball said:

As it should have.  But Spartacus knew exactly what he was doing there.

Yes sir. And as bland and unlikeable as Booker is, he had a pretty good night in that second debate. Probably too little, too late; but he is the one name guy that didn’t get clocked in the jaw in a significant way.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

39 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lmao stop trying to make Moscow Mitch happen. Every time some prominent dem says it, cocaine Mitch puts another judge through the senate.

It's funny though... Cocaine Mitch didn't seem to bother him at all. Once Moscow Mitch started taking off, he took to the Senate floor to cry about it.

6 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Obviously you didn't read the article...the moderates and undecideds are the ones that the Dems are in trouble with and those people are the ones who will decide the election.  I'm one of them and right now, I'm having a hard time choosing a Dem over Trump.

God bless us all.

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's funny though... Cocaine Mitch didn't seem to bother him at all. Once Moscow Mitch started taking off, he took to the Senate floor to cry about it.

michael richards yes GIF

49 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lmao stop trying to make Moscow Mitch happen. Every time some prominent dem says it, cocaine Mitch puts another judge through the senate.

You act as though anyone likes Mitch.

37 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah Blankenship is a nobody. Senators slandering him as some collaborator is a joke. And he made them eat another plate of judges before the August recess to show them who’s their daddy.