Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Well...

So I"m guessing, based on that, you support his policy. I pointed out how such a policy usually gets us into trouble. You disagreed. We have to agree to disagree I guess. 

So wait... I agreed with a policy that seemed designed to avoid getting involved in foreign entanglements, and that somehow means that I agree with getting involved in foreign entanglements. Sure, that makes perfect +++++ing sense.

13 minutes ago, easybronc said:

Clown show winners are

Castro and Gabbard

I agree with this, they looked the most prepared and comfortable in their skin. The rest looked like they were lying for the most part.

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Welcome ladies and gentleman to the 2019 MWC Democratic Debate Thread Forum Debate. Tonight we have @Joe from WY, the philandering ex-blogger turned lawyer and @retrofade , a charter member of Beta O'Cuck's fanclub and overall lameass. 

Goodluck gentleman

Goddamn, you really are a special kind of dipshit. 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Goddamn, you really are a special kind of dipshit. 

and your 30 seconds are up. Retrofade's experience as a lameass really shining through. Poor performance from Retrofade in the debate so far. Hopefully he'll recover in the second debate. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

41 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Who hurt you, little snowflake?

@mugtang, add this to my signature pls. 

No one. I just don’t like being talked down to by you. A few years ago you were a wanna be tough guy from the “Hendo”. Now you went to school for a few years and you think you’ve accomplished something. You haven’t. Here’s a clue. Most of us here have degrees too. Most of us have real world experience and have been out of school a long time. You don’t have the education or experience that many of us do.

Those that can, do. Those that can’t, teach. 

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

No one. I just don’t like being talked down to by you. A few years ago you were a wanna be tough guy from the “Hendo”. Now you went to school for a few years and you think you’ve accomplished something. You haven’t. Here’s a clue. Most of us here have degrees too. Most of us have real world experience and have been out of school a long time. You don’t have the education or experience that many of us do.

Those that can, do. Those that can’t, teach. 

Point on the doll where the mean, mean professor hurt you 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

37 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Point on the doll where the mean, mean professor hurt you 

He's kinda right you know. You've changed bro. Ever since you got your Masters you've been lording over everyone wearing your nerd glasses and cardigan sweaters thinking youre better than everyone else.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

28 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I agree with this, they looked the most prepared and comfortable in their skin. The rest looked like they were lying for the most part.

was impressed with gabbard.  good background, smart,  not pandering to get attention.  saw her speak in hawaii last year

26 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So wait... I agreed with a policy that seemed designed to avoid getting involved in foreign entanglements, and that somehow means that I agree with getting involved in foreign entanglements. Sure, that makes perfect +++++ing sense.

If you agree with policies that have been proven to get us into dumb wars around the globe in places we shouldn't be in, and you support candidates who push for such things, then yeah, I'd say that you support foreign entanglements. 

If I was Yang tomorrow I’d attack every politician on the dais especially Biden. I’d go after every mistake they’ve made and torch them. Brand himself as the outsider and not the status quo. He doesn’t have the party machine behind him. The only way he will get support is to hijack the party Trump style. 

3 minutes ago, Billings said:

was impressed with gabbard.  good background, smart,  not pandering to get attention.  saw her speak in hawaii last year

There was one negative thing in her background that she apologized for, I believe it had something to do with religion/lgbtq. To be fair she acknowledged she was wrong about what she said and said she has grown since then. I do like that she has a military background and sees why endless wars are not the answer.

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

He said trans women, so there's that :)

Focusing on issues like trans women getting abortions (I don't really know how that's possible, but OK) is why the Dems aren't going to beat Trump in 2020. 

Overall impression of the debates is there are too many damn candidates. But my thoughts: 

Hadn't followed Castro much to this point, but I think overall he had the best showing. Doubt he will become one of my favorite candidates, but I’m going to look in to him some more.

De Blasio probably helped himself out by being memorable, but he still has no chance.  

Tulsi did ok with the few chances she got, then had maybe the best exchange of the entire debate when she ended Ryan’s long shot campaign. 

Warren started good, then I forgot she was there the last hour or so. 

And i am sure Beto is a nice guy and was a good congressman, but man every time he spoke I found myself thinking, “dude shut the fck up”. Not the most nuanced take on him I know, but o well. 

The people I didn’t mention didn’t stand out enough for me to have an opinion on. 

Here’s the moment Tulsi ended Tim Ryan’s (whoever that is) campaign 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater