Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

She’s somebody I’d consider voting for in the general election.  

Which means she has no chance of making it out of the primary. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Which means she has no chance of making it out of the primary. 

I generally like her but I'm not sure she has the gravitas to pull enough people to her. But, it was nuts to think Trump would win anything an here we are so who knows.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

I generally like her but I'm not sure she has the gravitas to pull enough people to her. But, it was nuts to think Trump would win anything an here we are so who knows.

We’re still 21 months away from the general election.  

Its stupid that we’re talking about this right now, tbh. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We’re still 21 months away from the general election.  

Its stupid that we’re talking about this right now, tbh. 

I thought that to begin with... but then I did some looking and found this timeline...

January 26 - Chris Christie forms a Presidential PAC 
January 27 - Martin O'Malley forms a Presidential PAC 
January 29 - Lindsey Graham forms an Presidential exploratory committee
February 9 - George Pataki forms a Presidential PAC
March 2 - Ben Carson forms a Presidential exploratory committee
March 5 - Mark Everson formally announces his Presidential candidacy
March 18 - Donald Trump forms a Presidential exploratory committee
March 23 - Ted Cruz formally announces his Presidential candidacy

Between April - June, another 20 politicians will form committees, PACs, or officially declare their candidacies. 

So we're a little ahead of the 2016 cycle, but not by much. 

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

As far as Gabbard goes, I really don't know much about her as of now.

Well based on this sounds like she is worth listening to:

“Tulsi Gabbard has an even bigger problem than her lack of experience – it’s that she has no base of support,” Republican National Committee spokesman Michael Ahrens said. “Liberals think she’s too conservative, conservatives think she’s too liberal, and just about everyone thinks her coziness with Bashar al-Assad is disturbing.”

:rotflmfao::Clapping:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/how-tulsi-gabbard-became-assads-mouthpiece-in-washington/2017/01/29/215e9c70-e4bf-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.149c28712880

The Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria has had a quiet but well-funded lobbying effort in Washington since well before he began murdering his own people. But that influence campaign’s clearest triumph came only this month, when it succeeded in bringing Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) to Damascus and having her parrot Assad’s propaganda on her return.

Am i the only one who sees support of al assad as a positive, or at least a least bad option?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, jackmormon said:

It seems like you have a type...

Indian American Women? Lol

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Going to be crowded field on Dems side (like GOP in 2016)...........biggest question is will there be a primary challenge to trump from any "thinking" republicans ?!?!

I hope they don’t make the same mistake the GOP did where the field is so crowded that somebody gets a plurarilty of the votes and they nominate a “Trump”.  

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I hope they don’t make the same mistake the GOP did where the field is so crowded that somebody gets a plurarilty of the votes and they nominate a “Trump”.  

The reason the Dems have had "Super Delegates" for all the years was just so that some loose cannon can't hijack the party - Of course the Bernie fans were incensed over the "super delegates" as they saw them as a threat to Sanders winning the nomination...........and this is a mantra from the Bernie Fan Club to this very day and a reason a lot of under 35 aged voters are registering NP, IND, Green rather than Dem because they think/fell the fix is in for the "establishment"

Sort of like the GOP had with the Ron Paul fans in 2012 

Gabbard at least has a little common sense and she doesn't seem to pander so bad like some of them (Kamala Harris), which of course won't work for her in the primaries.  But she is quite liberal and Bernie is her idol.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, renoskier said:

So, is that a positive?

Since contrary to what every U.S. administration regardless of party says, the Saudi government is indeed worse for the U.S. than is Syria.

Syria under Bashar al-Assad is, of course, viciously cruel to its own people. The main problem with the guy is he was never groomed to rule. Instead his older brother Bassel was and that guy might have been a half decent ruler like the father, Haffez, but he died in a car crash at just 31 and Bashar is largely a puppet who does what his psycho younger brother tells him to do and both probably have 30 more years to terrorize their people.

Boom goes the dynamite.