Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We’re the top ranked G5 conference this year so we get the most CFB playoff money. 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We’re the top ranked G5 conference this year so we get the most CFB playoff money. 

 

That's $1,700,000.00 BEFORE the MWC office takes out their cut !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

That's $1,854,545.45 BEFORE the MWC office takes out their cut !!! 

Thompson doesn’t need anymore hair products. That should all go to the schools!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Thompson doesn’t need anymore hair products. That should all go to the schools!

Think this works like NCAAT $$ - Goes to the MWC office first, then MWC office doles it out to member athletic departments - Guessing that each school should get $1.5M which is $16.5 dispersed to 12 FB playing schools (verification of actual amounts required) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think this works like NCAAT $$ - Goes to the MWC office first, then MWC office doles it out to member athletic departments - Guessing that each school should get $1.5M which is $16.5 dispersed to 11 FB playing schools (verification of actual amounts required) 

 

Hawaii should be getting a cut of that too since they’re a football school.  I know they don’t get tv revenue but they share in bowl revenues I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Hawaii should be getting a cut of that too since they’re a football school.  I know they don’t get tv revenue but they share in bowl revenues I believe. 

Dang whiffed on Hawaii - Revised down to $1,700,000 per 12 schools............so say the MWC offices get a nice round $400,000 of the $20.4 M then each 12 schools would get $1,666,666.66 - so each school would contribute a $33,334 share to the MWC offices which is $400,000 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conference Champions should get more. ;) 

In any event, I hope this starts to put an end to the stupid P6 nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Conference Champions should get more. ;) 

In any event, I hope this starts to put an end to the stupid P6 nonsense. 

No way.  We are P6

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little boost to all our programs.

And yes Hawaii shares in bowl revenue/Conference distributions. We only don’t share in the tv revenue generated from the regular season tv contract that the conference has. Since our Tier3 rights gives us more than the average MW school gets per season and we forfeit the revenue when that’s the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we hang banners.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy out Sanchez with this bonus money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MW get the most of the performance pool with the AAC #2.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of us are members on their board, right? Please post this stuff over there so we can see them try to rationalize.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mugtang said:

We’re the top ranked G5 conference this year so we get the most CFB playoff money. 

 

AAC is closer to the Sun Belt than to the MWC.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Some of us are members on their board, right? Please post this stuff over there so we can see them try to rationalize.

They ban trolls.  Like there’s a pinned thread about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone call up aresco and tell him to fedex the P6 stickers they printed for us

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×