Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

UCLA Scores 12 Pts In 37 Seconds To Send Oregon To OT

I did.  It was a classic between Prince Ali and Moses (UCLA), and King Louis and the Pharaoh (Oregon).  Yes, Walton called Ehab Amin the Pharaoh.  

Man, I saw the whole second half.  Reminded me of when afflalo and Co. made Morrison and Zags fans 😢. Well except for the fact that those Bruins teams were good. 

Anyway, ucla is going to win the Pac, which is surprising and amusing. 

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Man, I saw the whole second half.  Reminded me of when afflalo and Co. made Morrison and Zags fans 😢. Well except for the fact that those Bruins teams were good. 

You called this in your post the other day. 

25 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

better get that auto bid, as the regular season crown might not be enough this year.

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

better get that auto bid, as the regular season crown might not be enough this year.

Lol.  Thats actually a good point.

Although I think they are going to win a shitload of games in this crappy Pac12.  

Watching that game UCLA was pretty much awful until the last few minutes. The last few minutes were unbelievable. Oregon up by three with 2.6 seconds left decides to foul in the back court instead of letting UCLA attempt a long three point shot. UCLA goes to the free throw line and makes the first. Bartow substitutes his two tallest players on the FT line. They miss the second intentionally and rebound the ball and put it in with 0.7 secs left and get fouled. Unfortunately the guy misses the foul shot and the game goes to OT. The Bruins get behind by four, but eventually pull it out and win by three.

UCLA has more talent than most teams, but they are all freshmen and sophomores. If they improve they could be pretty good by the end of the year. 

13 hours ago, CPslograd said:

If this happens, do you think Bartow would stick? ... I'm asking for a friend. :whistle:

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

If this happens, do you think Bartow would stick? ... I'm asking for a friend. :whistle:

I doubt it unless he takes them to the Sweet 16 in which case they would be stupid not to consider him. I notice he is playing more of his bench than Alford did. They still have a ways to go before they are a good team. Their fundamentals aren’t very good. They are winning based on talent alone right now. 

8 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I do.

I think it's just like when Jim harrick got canned and Lav went on a run with Bailey, Charlie o, and JR Henderson.  The only difference is that team was stacked, and I think this one is not.  They will get throttled by a good team,vwhereas that Lav team that got beat by the gophers in the elite 8 was as good as anybody in the country.  So it will depend on how the bracket plays out.

I love the bruins, I have to, my sis and best friend are alums.  I think if they make the see sixteen, and a super big name doesn't become available, he gets the gig 

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I doubt it unless he takes them to the Sweet 16 in which case they would be stupid not to consider him. I notice he is playing more of his bench than Alford did. They still have a ways to go before they are a good team. Their fundamentals aren’t very good. They are winning based on talent alone right now. 

I agree with everything you said.  But I think The bruins will get to the sweet sixteen.  

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I didn’t realize they had ESPN+ back then.

ESPN Plus was the former name for ESPN Events, which was their regional sports network. It also currently owns all of the ESPN bowl games.