Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Bill Walton

He can be entertaining at times but mostly he's just annoying.

I do like the games he announces when a team from our "truck stop conference" is beating a team from "the conference of champions."

Did you see what he said about Liberty? He hates them and said even scheduling Liberty was a stain on UCLA's storied program.  He also said if you don't believe him, Google them and you'll see why.

I wonder what he thinks of BYU and other religious schools.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He can be entertaining at times but mostly he's just annoying.

I do like the games he announces when a team from our "truck stop conference" is beating a team from "the conference of champions."

Did you see what he said about Liberty? He hates them and said even scheduling Liberty was a stain on UCLA's storied program.  He also said if you don't believe him, Google them and you'll see why.

I wonder what he thinks of BYU and other religious schools.

Bil is a legend. 

He's been great whenever he does a BYU game.  Does trivia on the Mormon Pioneers.  Talks about Danny Ainge and Jimmer Fredette. 

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865694280/20-of-the-best-quotes-from-Bill-Walton-during-the-BYU-Utah-broadcast.html

I like listening to Walton spin his tales. Major props should go to his broadcast partner Dave Pasch, he is the perfect straight man for Walton's antics. He never really gets thrown off and just hangs in there calling the game.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/espn-bill-walton-dave-pasch-pac-12-nba-broadcasting-what-its-like-interview

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

I like listening to Walton spin his tales. Major props should go to his broadcast partner Dave Pasch, he is the perfect straight man for Walton's antics. He never really gets thrown off and just hangs in there calling the game.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/espn-bill-walton-dave-pasch-pac-12-nba-broadcasting-what-its-like-interview

What’s funny is when he calls Walton on some of his comments and Walton doubles down. Wooden must have had fun coaching him. Although Walton was a helluva competitor no matter the opponent. The game he had against Memphis in the NCAA national championship game is one of the better individual finals games in history. He was something like 19-23 in FG and had over 40 points. Foot injuries kept him from being a great pro. 

12 hours ago, renoskier said:

I agree with this, but phucking Walton is still too much. 

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

I agree with this, but phucking Walton is still too much. 

we need Walton to call a game at UCSB or Cal Poly.  The nuggets he would come up with

On 1/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, soupslam1 said:

What’s funny is when he calls Walton on some of his comments and Walton doubles down. Wooden must have had fun coaching him. Although Walton was a helluva competitor no matter the opponent. The game he had against Memphis in the NCAA national championship game is one of the better individual finals games in history. He was something like 19-23 in FG and had over 40 points. Foot injuries kept him from being a great pro. 

Walton drained 21 of 22 shots — and unofficially 25 of 26, as four were disallowed under the game’s no-dunking rule at the time — in arguably the greatest single performance in NCAA history. Scored 44 points. 

I love him! lol

He's like my stoner uncle watching sports. I toke too, but not like he does. My favorite Waltonism was from the NBA Eastern Conf Finals back when the Knicks & Heat went at it, "When you're a Knicks fan and all your hopes & dreams lie on the shoulders of Charlie Ward...well that's just sad." I was in a room full of Knick fans. Their reaction was priceless. 

11 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Walton drained 21 of 22 shots — and unofficially 25 of 26, as four were disallowed under the game’s no-dunking rule at the time — in arguably the greatest single performance in NCAA history. Scored 44 points. 

I think I heard on a basketball telecast last night that Walton holds the career FG percent made record for college basketball based on some minimum number of attempts. 

Regarding his announcing you either like him or hate him. Personally I find him entertaining. My eyes can tell me what is going on in the game. His off the wall stories at times make me burst out laughing. I’m really surprised he hasn’t made a comment yet to get him in hot water. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:38 AM, soupslam1 said:

I think I heard on a basketball telecast last night that Walton holds the career FG percent made record for college basketball based on some minimum number of attempts. 

Regarding his announcing you either like him or hate him. Personally I find him entertaining. My eyes can tell me what is going on in the game. His off the wall stories at times make me burst out laughing. I’m really surprised he hasn’t made a comment yet to get him in hot water. 

I love him too. He’s crazy and weird but doesn’t take the game too seriously. I’m surprised too. But he seems to stay away from the political stuff and genuinely seems like a good dude at least what I’ve noticed.