Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Testify LIVE !!!

Coming to TeeVee next month......Michael "the Fixer" Cohen will testify in a public forum - get yer popcorn and drinks of choice ready !!! :cheer:

If there was a split screen with Cohen testimony on one side and a camera on trump on the other side, this would be a ratings monster :thumbsup:

Even assuming Trump remains in office the next two years, you have to wonder with the Dems controlling the House, results of Mueller's investigation, the investigation by the state of New York and these ongoing Congressional investigations how the guy can possibly get any legislation enacted that he supports.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Even assuming Trump remains in office the next two years, you have to wonder with the Dems controlling the House, results of Mueller's investigation, the investigation by the state of New York and these ongoing Congressional investigations how the guy can possibly get any legislation enacted that he supports.

Plus the White House just hired up 17 lawyers to handle the coming onslaught form the investigations, congress and state/city issues facing trump and crew - It's basically going to be a full on crap show for the remaining time the clown stays in office 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Plus the White House just hired up 17 lawyers to handle the coming onslaught form the investigations, congress and state/city issues facing trump and crew - It's basically going to be a full on crap show for the remaining time the clown stays in office 

Yet Trump's approval rating from Republicans remains at something like 90%.

Those supporters can't ALL fail to see that the guy is almost totally ineffectual and likely to continue to be so the only explanation I can come up with is they hate the Democrats so much they're willing to go down with Trump rather than give any kind of victory to the Dems. Sorta like Southerners still refusing to concede defeat even when Sherman began his march to the sea. That didn't work out too well but given The Donald's 2011 prediction that Obama would start a war in order to get reelected, maybe the fake prez will try to play that Trump card. (Let's see. Could he somehow create a Gulf of Tomkin incident with the Kurds?)

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Those supporters can't ALL fail to see that the guy is almost totally ineffectual and likely to continue to be so the only explanation I can come up with is they hate the Democrats so much they're willing to go down with Trump rather than give any kind of victory to the Dems. Sorta like Southerners still refusing to concede defeat even when Sherman began his march to the sea. That didn't work out too well but given The Donald's 2011 prediction that Obama would start a war in order to get reelected, maybe the fake prez will try to play that Trump card. (Let's see. Could he somehow create a Gulf of Tomkin incident with the Kurds?)

No doubt the trump fan club is all inf or the moron - and there's literally nothing along the lines of dumbass, shady and even dictatorial that will make them waver.

I wouldn't put it anything past trump - he's so delusional and separated from reality that he believes his own lies 

The only saving aspect IMO is that the GOP base is shrinking, every day the obituaries take a cut of the GOP voting base.........young people aren't going GOP and neither are 90+% people of color / minorities - So is that hard core GOP base enough to win a national election again - The fool me once crowd probably is off the bandwagon, so trumps down to the droolers, knuckle draggers & fascists etc .........if the GOP is running 3rd in voter registration numbers behind NP & DEM, trump only having the GOP base of haters isn't going to win much outside of the old "dixie" south and some midwest backwater states like Oklahoma.

Anyway 22 months is a long time and there's the very real possibility trump is run out of office in some fashion - Imagine the meltdown trump will have if indictments come for Junior and Jared. The guy will be certifiable and a danger to the entire globe - Only question is will GOP senators stand with trump to the very end or will they put country as top priority 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Rush talks about this all the time. Any 'scandal' or wrongdoing in the conventional sense of the word does not sway opinion for his supporters. Nothing the mainstream media says or conventional political screw ups will hurt Trump among his own base. You can count me among them. Trump has delivered on an amazing number of his promises. Anyone who voted for Trump knew they weren't getting a polished orator/politician, we voted for him because he is an outsider and anti-establishment.

Besides two conservatives to the Supreme Court and a tax cut, just what did he "deliver" on? Cutting a bunch of regulations and appointing guys from the oil industry which will hasten global warming?

And BTW, I get being pleased about the two justices but I think most of you will end up feeling very different about the tax cut in a few years.

Boom goes the dynamite.

47 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Besides two conservatives to the Supreme Court and a tax cut, just what did he "deliver" on? Cutting a bunch of regulations and appointing guys from the oil industry which will hasten global warming?

And BTW, I get being pleased about the two justices but I think most of you will end up feeling very different about the tax cut in a few years.

Obama didn’t deliver on his campaign promises either. We got the change part and not in a good way, but the hope part fell through the cracks. 

8 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Trump has kept more promises and passed more legislation in 2 years than the last guy did in 8.

You are completely delusional.

15 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Don't forget DJT's hand in increasing the deficit.

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Obama didn’t deliver on his campaign promises either. We got the change part and not in a good way, but the hope part fell through the cracks. 

Thanks for supporting my comment that other than cutting taxes and essential environmental regulations and appointing two guys to SCOTUS, Trump hasn't accomplished anything of significance to Republicans who aren't simply vehemently anti-Democrat. Of course, the question was posed to Bob who apparently couldn't come up with anything.

And by the by, I still haven't heard any of you conservatives try to argue that Trump has a snowball's chance of getting anything significant done in the next two years either.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, Bob said:

He's going to get a border wall, which was one of his biggest campaign platforms. Reduced environmental regulation and reviving the economy. What else did he promise?

He hasn't "revived" the economy, he's simply kept it going. The eliminated environmental regulations are excellent for the half dozen states whose economy depends on oil and coal production but of no particular value for states like California where there is no coal and where oil profits hardly matter and ending those regulations is detrimental to everybody. As to the "wall," no, he's not going to "get" it. First of all, IF something is actually built, it won't be a wall but a fence. Second of all, Mexico isn't going to pay for it, U.S. taxpayers are.

Reasonable minds can disagree about policy so although we don't see eye to eye on much in that regard the position of you conservatives is at least debatable. However, to try to say that Trump has been a successful president is patently laughable.

Boom goes the dynamite.

45 minutes ago, Bob said:

Stock market all time high, unemployment all time low. GDP growth is robust. OK. Whatever you say.

This is your opinion (which is not correct). In what ways has Trump been a poor president?

The stock market just had it's worst year since 2008. do you remember what happened in 2008?

Trump is an asshole, I grant you that. But he has stimulated the economy, given the working man tax cuts, reduced strangling regulations, made mostly good foreign policy decisions, and is trying to stop illegal immigration.

Why would I want to elect a Democrat that has done nothing to stop illegal immigration and actually promotes it, is anti private business, wants to regulate us to death, overtax us, would take our guns if they could, loves big government, wants universal health care, appeases and lets foreign countries walk over us, are anti law and order,  rewards personal irresponsibility, prefers government control over individual freedom, etc,etc,etc. 

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Trump is an asshole, I grant you that. But he has stimulated the economy, given the working man tax cuts, reduced strangling regulations, made mostly good foreign policy decisions, and is trying to stop illegal immigration.

Why would I want to elect a Democrat that has done nothing to stop illegal immigration and actually promotes it, is anti private business, wants to regulate us to death, overtax us, would take our guns if they could, loves big government, wants universal health care, appeases and lets foreign countries walk over us, are anti law and order,  rewards personal irresponsibility, prefers government control over individual freedom, etc,etc,etc. 

And given the RICH man yuge tax cuts. As to foreign policy, he has kowtowed down to two communist dictators while driving a wedge between our country and most of our most solid historical allies and also gotten into a silly urination battle over tariffs with China, the country with the world's second biggest economy.

Regarding illegal immigration, you and I aren't far apart. As I've said, my biggest problem with Kamala Harris is her views on that subject. Supporting the idea of California becoming a sanctuary state and at one point actually agreeing with bat shit crazy Maxine Waters on abolishing ICE are positions I can't condone. The other things you mention we don't agree on. Unless and until I become super rich and selfish like most such people, I refuse to accept their propaganda about all that stuff.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Stock market all time high, unemployment all time low. GDP growth is robust. OK. Whatever you say.

This is your opinion (which is not correct). In what ways has Trump been a poor president?

Good example of the delusional base that loves delusional trump - :shrug: 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

And under libtard control the economy basically didn't recover until Trump got into office

Sure thing Bob. A record 75 straight months of private sector job growth. Unemployment rate from over 10% to 4.7%. Record high on all of the major stock indexes.