Jump to content
retrofade

Well, so much for steel slats...

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, easybronc said:

Wow!  You mean steel can be cut?  Hey, thanks for that brilliant investigative reporting, NBC News.

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, westfan said:

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

clow_ws_timber_ladder_single_section_to_ridgid-52310-27-d-handle-round-point-sho

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, westfan said:

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

You'd need to get A36 medium carbon steel at the bare minimum to case harden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, westfan said:

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

Doesn't matter what you do to steel, it is going to be softer than corundum, diamond, and tungsten carbine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Doesn't matter what you do to steel, it is going to be softer than corundum, diamond, and tungsten carbine

Why not vibranium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Why not vibranium?

Sure, if you want a 45 ft wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

clow_ws_timber_ladder_single_section_to_ridgid-52310-27-d-handle-round-point-sho

Still much more difficult than crossing this border:

large-open-fields.jpg

#TDSisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, westfan said:

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

Battery powered portable grinder eats case hardened steal for breakfast.  I can cut of a round padlock in 10 seconds.

In the fire service we use them to cut cars up so as to get people out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Still much more difficult than crossing this border:

large-open-fields.jpg

#TDSisReal

What border location is that photo from? You've used it twice now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Doesn't matter what you do to steel, it is going to be softer than corundum, diamond, and tungsten carbine

That's it! We're gonna make the slat fence out of diamonds!

/s/ Donald Trump

P.S. - I'm going to have another Opening in my Cabinet in a month or so and could use another Great Mind like yours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

What border location is that photo from? You've used it twice now.

My first guess is it's the planet the local bishop told NorCal will be king of after he passes away.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

What border location is that photo from? You've used it twice now.

Ancram

A settlement from long before Europeans arrived, Ancram is located along the southeastern border of Columbia County, NY and the eastern town line is the border with Massachusetts. Graced with meadows, forests, lakes, streams, hamlets, and outstanding natural beauty, it close to regional transportation. Ancram is a sought-after spot by those who value secluded rural living.

https://paularedmond.com/towns/ancram/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Ancram

 A settlement from long before Europeans arrived, Ancram is located along the southeastern border of Columbia County, NY and the eastern town line is the border with Massachusetts. Graced with meadows, forests, lakes, streams, hamlets, and outstanding natural beauty, it close to regional transportation. Ancram is a sought-after spot by those who value secluded rural living.

https://paularedmond.com/towns/ancram/

Funny, I was going to say that looks like Upstate NY when I posted it and that it looked nothing like the southern border but held off for some reason.

#TrustYourGut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'd rather cross this...

large-open-fields.jpg&key=90a992776097de

 

Plus this...

76638b34-fcb2-4e4b-b5f1-f44f0bb3db1f.jpg

 

Than this...

bbnp34.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I know I'd rather cross this...

large-open-fields.jpg&key=90a992776097de

 

Plus this...

76638b34-fcb2-4e4b-b5f1-f44f0bb3db1f.jpg

 

Than this...

bbnp34.jpg

The wall above needs several layers of concertina wire like they have in prisons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's it! We're gonna make the slat fence out of diamonds!

/s/ Donald Trump

P.S. - I'm going to have another Opening in my Cabinut in a month or so and could use another Great Mind like yours.

 

FIFY

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I know I'd rather cross this...

large-open-fields.jpg&key=90a992776097de

 

Plus this...

76638b34-fcb2-4e4b-b5f1-f44f0bb3db1f.jpg

 

Than this...

bbnp34.jpg

One of those 3 borderlines is still clearly more difficult to cross than the other 2...  unless you suffer from TDS of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

One of those 3 is still clearly more difficult to cross than the other 2...  unless you suffer from TDS.

Correct. The one people die crossing all the time. And I have a derangement? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Correct. The one people die crossing all the time. And I have a derangement? 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×