Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Well, so much for steel slats...

44 minutes ago, westfan said:

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

You'd need to get A36 medium carbon steel at the bare minimum to case harden.

2 hours ago, westfan said:

The price would go up, the work and tools to cut it would also. Case hardened steel

Doesn't matter what you do to steel, it is going to be softer than corundum, diamond, and tungsten carbine

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Why not vibranium?

Sure, if you want a 45 ft wall

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, westfan said:

Battery powered portable grinder eats case hardened steal for breakfast.  I can cut of a round padlock in 10 seconds.

In the fire service we use them to cut cars up so as to get people out.

11 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Still much more difficult than crossing this border:

large-open-fields.jpg

#TDSisReal

What border location is that photo from? You've used it twice now.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

59 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Doesn't matter what you do to steel, it is going to be softer than corundum, diamond, and tungsten carbine

That's it! We're gonna make the slat fence out of diamonds!

/s/ Donald Trump

P.S. - I'm going to have another Opening in my Cabinet in a month or so and could use another Great Mind like yours.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

My first guess is it's the planet the local bishop told NorCal will be king of after he passes away.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Ancram

A settlement from long before Europeans arrived, Ancram is located along the southeastern border of Columbia County, NY and the eastern town line is the border with Massachusetts. Graced with meadows, forests, lakes, streams, hamlets, and outstanding natural beauty, it close to regional transportation. Ancram is a sought-after spot by those who value secluded rural living.

https://paularedmond.com/towns/ancram/

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Ancram

A settlement from long before Europeans arrived, Ancram is located along the southeastern border of Columbia County, NY and the eastern town line is the border with Massachusetts. Graced with meadows, forests, lakes, streams, hamlets, and outstanding natural beauty, it close to regional transportation. Ancram is a sought-after spot by those who value secluded rural living.

https://paularedmond.com/towns/ancram/

Funny, I was going to say that looks like Upstate NY when I posted it and that it looked nothing like the southern border but held off for some reason.

#TrustYourGut

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I know I'd rather cross this...

large-open-fields.jpg&key=90a992776097de

Plus this...

76638b34-fcb2-4e4b-b5f1-f44f0bb3db1f.jpg

Than this...

bbnp34.jpg

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The wall above needs several layers of concertina wire like they have in prisons. 

The wall above is a prison.

https://www.lensculture.com/articles/joe-librandi-cowan-the-auburn-system

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

One of those 3 is still clearly more difficult to cross than the other 2...  unless you suffer from TDS.

Correct. The one people die crossing all the time. And I have a derangement?