Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatsmymammy

Fresno State @ Utah State

15 hours ago, rudolro said:

I just saw the stats. Such a huge discrepancy in FT. WOW

15 hours ago, retrofade said:

I don't think I've ever listened to them before, but holy +++++ that was painful. 

That's what happens when you take 31 3s.   But hit 15 of them.  And most of them from NBA range. Wow.  That's impressive on the road.   Great game.  Could see that coming with every missed free throw by the Aggies and corresponding dagger by Huggins down the stretch.

10 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

That's what happens when you take 31 3s.   But hit 15 of them.  And most of them from NBA range. Wow.  That's impressive on the road.   Great game.  Could see that coming with every missed free throw by the Aggies and corresponding dagger by Huggins down the stretch.

It wasn't so much about us taking so few. It was more about you getting to the line 31 times in comparison.  I didn't see the game so I don't what was the cause.

12 minutes ago, rudolro said:

It wasn't so much about us taking so few. It was more about you getting to the line 31 times in comparison.  I didn't see the game so I don't what was the cause.

Standard home-court cooking plus about 4 or 5 just dumb fouls by FS.    Dogs should have objectively gone to the line about double what they did, maybe a bit more.  Huggins and Taylor got hacked under the basket pretty bad with no whistles several times and there was a charge so blatant by an Aggie player even the announcers thought it should have gone against them.

At a macro level he's not too far off the mark though.  Queta was erasing a lot of our shots in the paint so we switched to what was working, the outside shot.  

27 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Sam Merrill is decent at drawing fouls, a little home cooking, and a team devoid of an outside threat other than Merrill.  When you can't hit 3s you drive and throw your hands up with a little acting.  That's college BB these days. Fresno was much less aggressive.  They didn't have to be.

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I feel a tiny bit bad for Aggie fans because when a guy gets hot like that there's not much you can do except hope he cools off.   Fresno has been burned by the most unlikely shooters in the past.  It all comes around.

Like Sam Merrill against Boise in the MW tourney lol

8k3esKz.png