Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SleepingGiantFan

Trump Playing Right Into Dems' Trap

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I edited your post to embed the video 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Wow.  Now that's taking someone to the woodshed.

Not that it'll matter.  Trump has been taken there many, many times before. 

Dems should start putting pressure on Hannity by going on his show or mentioning him in interviews.  His influence over Nacho could be useful. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

58 minutes ago, pokebball said:

So it is a national crisis and emergency?

Of course not but my understanding is the Supreme Court has almost never found against a president when he has declared a national emergency. As such, as Trump says, he could go ahead and build the wall without the consent of Congress. The problem, however, is where will the money come from if he does it that way? The presumed answer is out of the budget of the military but from what fund? A reduction in the alleged biggest raise in history which he so magnanimously gave our men and women in uniform he supposedly loves so much?

Trump has never been a politician before and now he's in the Big Leagues of politics. (I capitalized the two words so he will notice them in case he's following along.) Pelosi and Schumer are taking the guy to lunch and he's already eaten his monthly share of Big Macs (something like 150 I think).

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Of course not but my understanding is the Supreme Court has almost never found against a president when he has declared a national emergency. As such, as Trump says, he could go ahead and build the wall without the consent of Congress. The problem, however, is where will the money come from if he does it that way? The presumed answer is out of the budget of the military but from what fund? A reduction in the alleged biggest raise in history which he so magnanimously gave our men and women in uniform he supposedly loves so much?

Trump has never been a politician before and now he's in the Big Leagues of politics. (I capitalized the two words so he will notice them in case he's following along.) Pelosi and Schumer are taking the guy to lunch and he's already eaten his monthly share of Big Macs (something like 150 I think).

Take the money from here. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dod-cant-spend-money-fast-enough-as-28-billion-gets-left-unspent-2019-1?r=UK&IR=T

The Pentagon failed to spend an eye-popping $27.7 billion of the funds it was allocated for fiscal year 2018 even though President Donald Trump intends to give the U.S. military even more taxpayer cash to play with next year.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Disgusting, isn't it? Similar to the story I related about two Naval officer friends in grad school at SDSU who assured me they dumped any excess fuel over the side of their ship at the end of each quarter like clockwork.

The military was mercilessly and unfairly criticized during the Vietnam war but since that time, it's become a sacred cow. When it comes to the public's opinion of the various branches, it seems there is never a happy medium.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, easybronc said:

Chuck and Nancy look a little nervous.  

Nancy had some hardcore structural work done around her eyes to make her look wide awake and engaged. Like 2 bottles of No-Doz, 8 lines of coke and a lot of Bondo and makeup. 😀

Schumer looked like the grumpy old man that lives next door to Lawlor, and I thought for sure he was going to tell the camera man and everyone else in the room to get off his lawn. Holy crap, those two use the same old lines of bullshit over and over year after year. But hey, it’s a job, gotta work and pay the bills, I guess. 

kat.jpg

Lulz...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Let him build his stupid wall. In 2029, mere days after being sworn in, president ocasio-Cortez will be standing on a pile of rubble and yelling into a megaphone, “Mr. Orbrador, tear down this wall from the bottom to the tippy-top!”

Then, in 2030, Christian Bale will play Trump in Unpresidented and thank Caligula in his awards acceptance speech.

Dems are treating Trump as though he's just another Republican politician that will fold to political pressure.  

I think we should all know by now Trump is not like a typical politician.  And he isn't going to play by the former rules.  I don't think Trump has anything to lose at this point.