Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist formerly known as Hal

RBG is on her last leg

5 hours ago, pokerider said:

They'll eventually set her up in an enclosed wheel chair with medical devices inside it, and she will blink once for yes, twice for no.  

I suggest once for no. She'll be doing that a lot more often.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

16 hours ago, CPslograd said:

I don't like these ghoul threads about ginsberg. 

I agree. Though I do think that the recent movies and cable tv specials seem to be a way of prematurely eulogizing her for political reasons, and I think it's all a bit ghoulish as well.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:26 PM, renoskier said:

Yeah, Hal was just trollin'. From his post, I thought maybe there was some immediate bad news. 

My mom is 85 and just starting to lose it, hopefully it doesn't happen too quickly. Dad is 93 and doing great.

You are very fortunate to have them both, sucks when they go. I wish them both good health.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Although I didn't agree with her views, thoughts and prayers for her and family.

No guarantees in life, my grandparents all lived to between 90 and 100, dad died at 79 from ALS, mom 78 from atrial fib. Both of them ate healthy, maintained reasonably healthy weight, neither one drink or smoked. Sometimes the odds don't work in your favor. I chose to receive the Midwest cabin which is been in our family for a hundred years as part of my inheritance. but it's just not the same without them there.

Needless to say, any twitch, and I instantly think of dad.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 3:46 PM, nomascows said:

I don't know but whoever gets the nod will be made to look like Joe Stalin and Adolph Hitler had a baby.

Agree x1,000. After the Kavanaugh nomination the Dems will do everything in their power to prevent another conservative on the SCOTUS