Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist formerly known as Hal

RBG is on her last leg

3 minutes ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

She’s looking day to day to me right now. I would be surprised if pulls through this spring. Nothing against her just cancer treatment and surgery at that age is extremely tough on a body 

Just today, these doctors reported differently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/09/cancer-surgeons-expect-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-to-recover-in-weeks.html

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

From the cancer.  I think the point is that health issues of any kind at her age are hard on everything - the body, the mind, everything.  I've been through health issues with both parents and once things start happening, it just seems to compound and accelerate.  Things don't get better. 

I honestly hope she returns in full form and lives the life she wants to live.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

From the cancer.  I think the point is that health issues of any kind at her age are hard on everything - the body, the mind, everything.  I've been through health issues with both parents and once things start happening, it just seems to compound and accelerate.  Things don't get better. 

I honestly hope she returns in full form and lives the life she wants to live.

Yeah, Hal was just trollin'. From his post, I thought maybe there was some immediate bad news. 

My mom is 85 and just starting to lose it, hopefully it doesn't happen too quickly. Dad is 93 and doing great.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

No one at that age that’s as frail as she is, and has the issues she had will ever be in good health again. She could bust a hip tomorrow, or get pneumonia out of nowhere. She’s physically on thin ice. She reminds me a lot of how my grandmother was aging at 85. Just being admitted to the hospital at that age for any condition is life threatening. A lot of old folks get pneumonia in the hospital and die from that like my grandmother.  They say to keep them sitting up in bed as much as possible. Lying flat allows more germs to settle into their mouths.

My dad is 87 and still snow ski’s at Mammoth. He’s had to mostly stay on the beginner runs now, but about 7 years ago he was still skiing from the top of the mountain. He is getting a little frail the last couple years, but some testosterone and Growth Hormone shots could help that problem. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Or the conservative's kryptonite:  Science.

LOL ... I'm seriously impressed that a neanderthal like you is even able to spell "science." 

Anyway, I hope that RBG recovers in the near term. It appears as if her cancer has metastasized (although they're not releasing this information) which unfortunately means the long-term prognosis is pretty dim. Late stage cancer is usually a terrible death that I would hate for anyone to have to endure. Hopefully it's just localized lung cancer and the surgery took care of it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 hours ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

Propaganda to give liberals hope 

What does this have to do with me?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

51 minutes ago, pokerider said:

They'll eventually set her up in an enclosed wheel chair with medical devices inside it, and she will blink once for yes, twice for no.  

If only such a system could be implemented for the fake president.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think it was selfish of her not to retire during Obama’s 2nd term.  I understand wanting to leave a legacy and make as much of an impact as possible but Obama would’ve selected another progressive jurist to replace her.  Every day that goes by makes it that much more likely that Trump will select her replacement. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Or the conservative's kryptonite:  Science.

Long reports with lots of words works on a certain president.  He would probably believe in global warming if someone explained it on one powerpoint slide max.