Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Kellyanne takes Acosta to the woodshed

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I guess we have different definitions of taking someone to the woodshed.. 

You and I can probably make a list of this forums members and where they stand on this.  I had you pegged correctly.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

I haven’t watched the video but my issue with Acosta is he makes the story about him instead of reporting on the story.  On the flip side he is a good counterbalance to Trump’s aggresiveness towards the media as Acosta is combative right back.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Kellyanne is a soulless swamp witch whose heart is blacker than burnt toast but Acosta asked her the equivalent of "when are you going to stop beating your wife" and deserved whatever came back.

47 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I haven’t watched the video but my issue with Acosta is he makes the story about him instead of reporting on the story.  On the flip side he is a good counterbalance to Trump’s aggresiveness towards the media as Acosta is combative right back.  

Pretty much my take.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

58 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yeah but let's analyze this particular event.

Many of the questions Acosta has put to Huckabee-(Don't Call Me Bernie)Sanders have been totally appropriate yet she has refused to give a straight answer. Not so here.

One, it's not Sarah involved now, it's somebody else who hasn't run roughshod over Acosta in that manner. Two, his question was what in a court of law would be categorized as "argumentative" and appropriately objected to. That is to say, it was not designed to elicit information but simply to embarrass the "witness." So in this particular instance, her dressing him down was absolutely appropriate.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yeah but let's analyze this particular event.

Many of the questions Acosta has put to Huckabee-(Don't Call Me Bernie)Sanders have been totally appropriate yet she has refused to give a straight answer. That is not so here.

One, it's not Sarah involved now, it's somebody else who hasn't run roughshod over Acosta in that manner. Two, this question was what in a court of law would be categorized as "argumentative" and appropriately objected to. That is to say, it was not designed to elicit information but simply to embarrass the "witness." So in this particular instance, her dressing him down was absolutely appropriate.

Well crap. Now I’m going to have to watch it. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

After watching it, yes she was right to dress Acosta down like she did.  

She said "alternative information & additional facts."  That's dangerously close to my favorite quote of her's of all time:  "alternative facts."

W/all the lies that come out of her & the WH she deserves that & more.  She basically told him, you have no friends.  A very mature responce.