Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Nevada gets 5* QB Malik Henry

This reminds me of former 5* RB Dillion Baxter who transfered to SDSU from USC.  Even before spring practice began he was caught stealing a teammate's laptop from his locker and Rocky kicked him off of the team immediately.

23 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

"I just believe in athleticism at the quarterback position. If you look at the great team in 2010 that coach (Chris) Ault had, he had a transcendent quarterback (Colin Kaepernick). That's the thing that can take us to an elite status here. We love what we've done here with our quarterback, but we think we can play at a high, high level at quarterback here. We need to do a better job of protecting the football. One of the things this year is we had a lot of young offensive players playing skill positions, which is where we had turnovers offensively. We need a quarterback who can take us to the next level and not only read our progressions and throw the ball accurately, but a guy who can bring a little bit something extra to the table with his feet."

Norvell quote on a CBS sports article.

Does that sound like a beat around the bush jab at Gangi to anyone else?

He saw how often gangi had open running lanes to scramble for first downs but instead forced the ball into coverage. For whatever reason gangi regressed as a thrower and runner from last season. He never hit his stride and his reluctance to keep on RPO plays also hurt the offense.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 1/8/2019 at 8:52 PM, renoskier said:

He's a walk-on. Not gonna hurt Nevada at all to give him a chance.

Exactly. The kid is going to have a very short leash. The team in general is very positive and they love their coach. Norvell only recruits good kids. This is a rare exception, and in such a positive environment, it could be a positive influence on him. But any issues and he’s kicked to the curb. 

kat.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thread should read "Nevada gets 3 star JC QB , known distraction and headcase"

The thread title definitely needed a warning label:

“Reading this thread may result in symptoms of butthurt in certain UNLV and Boise fans, especially those that are acidic in nature and those that identify as half breeds”

kat.jpg

22 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Everyone is getting butt hurt because they believe in what I say on some level and are ashamed.

No, people are pissed at you because...

A. You don't back up the claim with statistics. Once you find your sources to back it up, then we'll listen.

B. You are indirectly discriminatory against people with tattoos being successful.

C. You're a dick and use a crutch to excuse your dickishness and then try to belittle others who call you out on it by announcing the size of your cerebral penis, and assuming theirs is smaller. 

So, in conclusion..... you're an ass

43 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

A. You don't back up the claim with statistics. Once you find your sources to back it up, then we'll listen.

B. You are indirectly discriminatory against people with tattoos being successful.

C. You're a dick and use a crutch to excuse your dickishness and then try to belittle others who call you out on it by announcing the size of your cerebral penis, and assuming theirs is smaller. 

My analysis was strictly pointed at QBs.  Where did I make a statement about people with tattoos in general?

50 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I’ll tell you the facts.  Look at the best quarterbacks in the NFL.  Caso cerrado 

5 hours ago, battle.borne said:

He saw how often gangi had open running lanes to scramble for first downs but instead forced the ball into coverage. For whatever reason gangi regressed as a thrower and runner from last season. He never hit his stride and his reluctance to keep on RPO plays also hurt the offense.

I don't think it was a shot at Gangi.  He was just stating we need an upgrade at the QB pos'n.  And he's right.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I seem to recall this kid wasn't even sure he liked football, had "handlers" and meddling father. He was actually beat out by some JC level QB. Sounds like a recipe for success.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I seem to recall this kid wasn't even sure he liked football, had "handlers" and meddling father. He was actually beat out by some JC level QB. Sounds like a recipe for success.

It's a low risk move with the potential for a high reward.

Absolutely no reason for Novell not to give the kid a chance.

It's not like we're bringing in the next Charles Manson or hiring Rick Pitino.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

“Reading this thread may result in symptoms of butthurt in certain UNLV and Boise fans, especially those that are acidic in nature and those that identify as half breeds”

Yeah, Boise fans are super butt hurt by this turn of events. 

giphy-36.gif

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's a low risk move with the potential for a high reward.

Absolutely no reason for Novell not to give the kid a chance.

It's not like we're bringing in the next Charles Manson or hiring Rick Pitino.

There is no high reward here. It's a bust... accompanied by a proven cancer. 

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

How does Henry compare against the 5-star blue chip long snapper who was going to transform the game as we know it? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, Boise fans are super butt hurt by this turn of events. 

giphy-36.gif

I said “certain UNLV and Boise fans”, not all. You just self identified yourself, there Uncle Rico. Congrats. I know you’re also butthurt about not winning state at QB, but you’ll get over it. 

kat.jpg

44 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How does Henry compare against the 5-star blue chip long snapper who was going to transform the game as we know it? 

I don’t know.......so you want to compare a 5-star blue chip snapper with Henry? You make a living as a big puss, and the writing all over the bathroom walls at the bowling alley rate your red snapper as a 5-star, so why not compare that instead of Henry? 

You’re pretty popular down there. In fact one of your numerous happy customers wrote on the bathroom wall that if you’re red snapper could be rated like a video game, it would be Rated E, for Everybody.

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I don’t know.......so you want to compare a 5-star blue chip snapper with Henry? You make a living as a big puss, and the writing all over the bathroom walls at the bowling alley rate your red snapper as a 5-star, so why not compare that instead of Henry? 

You’re pretty popular down there. In fact one of your numerous happy customers wrote on the bathroom wall that if you’re red snapper could be rated like a video game, it would be Rated E, for Everybody.

@halfmanhalfbronco and @RogueStout ... you guys remember when we were told the 5 star long snapper was going to be the biggest thing to happen to football since Notre Dame invented the forward pass? 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@halfmanhalfbronco and @RogueStout ... you guys remember when we were told the 5 star long snapper was going to be the biggest thing to happen to football since Notre Dame invented the forward pass? 

Hell if they’d had him on the team at the time they’d have BEAT Notre Dame.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Which would have totally validated Phil Steele and the dress shorts wearer. 

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Oh man. Those were some high times.