Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Nevada gets 5* QB Malik Henry

He’s walking on so there’s really no risk for us. I hope it works out.  He’s really talented just had a bad attitude on Last Chance U.  This isn’t the David Cornwell situation though. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He’s walking on so there’s really no risk for him.  I hope it works out.  He’s really talented just had a bad attitude on Last Chance U.  This isn’t the David Cornwell situation though. 

Yeah.  No risk for Nevada at all.  I think this being Henry's absolute last shot - might make him finally get it.  I think he's got 2 years to play 2 if I'm not mistaken?

early enrollee Florida State January 2016 - redshirted fall 2016

transferred to Indy CC 2017, 2018.

He definitely has the athleticism. If he figures out the maturity and decision making part it could be a great pick up. And this is truly his last chance - no opportunity to transfer again (unless to FCS).

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah.  No risk for Nevada at all.  I think this being Henry's absolute last shot - might make him finally get it.  I think he's got 2 years to play 2 if I'm not mistaken?

early enrollee Florida State January 2016 - redshirted fall 2016

transferred to Indy CC 2017, 2018.

He definitely has the athleticism. If he figures out the maturity and decision making part it could be a great pick up. And this is truly his last chance - no opportunity to transfer again (unless to FCS).

Yeah he has two years of eligibility left.  I really hope it works out for him as that’s a win/win for both him and Nevada.  I’m with you on the last shot thing, that tends to make people wake up.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

24 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So, a former 5*? 

Yes.  Went from 5* as a sophomore and junior in HS to a 4* as a senior (still a top 50 overall prospect). Then downgraded to 3* in Juco.

Top HS QBs in 2016:

1. Shea Patterson (Michigan starter)

2. Jacob Eason (Georgia starter as freshman, likely Washington starter next year)

3. KJ Costello (Stanford starter)

4. Malik Henry

5. Felipe Franks (Florida starter)

6. Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State starter)

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yes.  Went from 5* as a sophomore and junior in HS to a 4* as a senior (still a top 50 overall prospect). Then downgraded to 3* in Juco.

Top HS QBs in 2016:

1. Shea Patterson (Michigan starter)

2. Jacob Eason (Georgia starter as freshman, likely Washington starter next year)

3. KJ Costello (Stanford starter)

4. Malik Henry

5. Felipe Franks (Florida starter)

6. Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State starter)

Ah, so he’s a 3*. Got it.

53 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Only risk is he could bring that crappy attitude we saw on the show and those can be tough to squash once they get hold.   Obviously the Pack coaches don't think that's an issue. 

I'd say that is a very real concern. I'd say it is a risk with very little upside. His stats in JC were terrible. Three high schools and now three colleges? It's a pretty big reach for someone with a long history of issues.

26 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

3-High Schools...now his 3rd college:

WHOOPS...4-High Schools:

Frosh - Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, SoCal)

Soph/Junior - Westlake (Westlake Village, SoCal)

Spring Junior - IMG Academy (Bradenton, FLA)

Senior - Long Beach Poly (The LBC, SoCal)