Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

How Does the Board Feel About Authoritarian Smoking Bans and Age Discrimination?

25 minutes ago, happycamper said:

?? Smoking has been linked to the cause of multiple forest fires blues. I mean, I'm pretty ambivalent about it, and no old fashioned honkey tonk feels right without a smoky haze, but just lying does not improve your position. 

Cars have been linked to multiple forest fires.

Camping has been linked to multiple forest fires.

Electrical lines have been linked to multiple forest fires.

As usual you are clueless.

12 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Prove it.  Quote just one instance where I ever suggested banning cigarettes.  One.

You can't.

Reading is fundamental, Toolsy.  Libertarians suck at it.

27 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

So Libertarians aren't about do no harm?  Little Timmy developed cancer because of the callous pollution of smokers.  But phuck him.  He should have stayed inside his house and never left. 

2 hours ago, Boise fan said:

It was an example, Toolsy.  But I'll change it since it was so offensive to you.

What if you and your kin were just back from varmint huntin' and you decided to go see some history.  Oh wait, what the phuck am I saying?  You would never do that

Instead, you were incensed by some Government policy (prolly Dem) so you wanted to instruct you kids on the evils of gubmit...so you make a pilgrimage to Waco, and while standing nearby looking at the empty place where the structures once stood, a caravan of ugly, smelly Europeans showed up and smoked indiscriminately - cigars as well as cigarettes.  Blowing smoke all over you and your chitlins.  And there was nowhere to get a good vantage point without being surrounded by these....illegals.  You just got there.  You'd be okay with that?

2 hours ago, Boise fan said:

I though Libertarian freedom was the "Get off my lawn" style?  Inflict no harm.  You're okay with your kids breathing in healthy doses of carcinogens because of grimy smelly city-trolls disgusting addictions they are inflicting you with?

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

So your idea of freedom is only for you and your family?  That's what you're saying. 

Because if you're a "stupid rat" who lives in a city, you get what you deserve.  Right?  Phuck them, they don't deserve rights or protections.

Do you understand how anti-smoking laws came about anyhow?  Your answer screams - nope.

Gawd I hope your kids didn't grow up as narcissistic as their father.  A family of Tools who think the world is theirs and everyone else just lives in it is a very sad place indeed.

35 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

So you must be pro pollution too right?  The rights of businesses to pollute indiscriminately is more important than you rats who think it's wrong or are directly affected by it.

One case of second-hand smoke induced cancer is too much.  But wait!  it gets worse.  Not only are you braying about rights of the smoker, but you are anti-universal health care.  So Little Timmy who develops an aggressive cancer because there are few smoke free areas (as there were only twenty years or so ago), gets to bankrupt his family or die without treatment unless generous people provide "welfare" in the form of handouts of money, services or both.

Your world sucks, there Toolsy.  No wonder you live in a sparsely populated area. You are anti-social. You don't like people unless you can personally  benefit from them.

You realize you are part of a society, right?

29 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Why are the rights of the smoker superior to those who don't?  Why should people be subjected to their second hand smoke?

Next you'll be defending drunk drivers.  Why shouldn't they be able to drive blitzed?  It's their car, if they want to crash it that's their business.  Who cares who is hurt by them.  If someone dies, or is seriously injured - why the phuck were you there?  Why didn't you just move away?

:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

How were Timmy's parents stupid?  Toolsy fought for smokers rights to smoke wherever they wanted and now not only has Timmy died and his family gone bankrupt trying to pay for his treatments, but a careless smoker just burned down a part of his town including his house because...because I guess they were stupid enough to live in a place that allowed for local forests to become dry in the summer.

Nice, Toolsy.

This is why Libertarians suck.

20 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Ban?  Please post where I ever used the word ban.

I'll wait, Mr. Straw man.

:tumbleweed:

How many more do you want?

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s a perfectly accurate description of you Comrade.

Ah your standard go to picture.  Perhaps I should use this for you from now on.

1835299550_glassesmonkey.jpg.51f5f12a27681245377c4d3afc0e1ed7.jpg

Yup. It's very fitting.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

How many more do you want?

Still haven't seen any where a ban is in place. Smokers are free to smoke on their own property, and in areas designated for it.

Hell Tools, you can't drink alcohol everywhere.  I guess that's banning it too? :lol:

57 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

And how much have those regs and taxes done to prevent underage drinking and alcohol related deaths? If you think raising the age of smoking is going to help curb underage usage, you’re wrong. 

I'm not advocating any changes, just pointing out your poor argument.

Just now, Boise fan said:

Still haven't seen any where a ban is in place. Smokers are free to smoke on their own property, and in areas designated for it.

Hell Tools, you can't drink alcohol everywhere.  I guess that's banning it too? :lol:

If you can't do it, under any circumstances, it is a ban.  I would post the definition but we all know you have an inability to understand the definition of the words people use.  In this case a 3 letter word has you stumped.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

If you can't do it, under any circumstances, it is a ban.  I would post the definition but we all know you have an inability to understand the definition of the words people use.  In this case a 3 letter word has you stumped.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

So if you were banned from this site, you think you would be able to still post in areas?

7 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Cars have been linked to multiple forest fires.

Camping has been linked to multiple forest fires.

Electrical lines have been linked to multiple forest fires.

As usual you are clueless.

Yeah, and if you said that all of those had "  It doesn't destroy the quality of the air, water or environment." you'd be just as wrong there, too

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, happycamper said:

Yeah, and if you said that all of those had "  It doesn't destroy the quality of the air, water or environment." you'd be just as wrong there, too

How would i be wrong?

How does smoking destroy the quality of the air, water or environment of my property if you are doing it next door?

So are you going to suggest a ban on camping, electrical lines and cars then to be consistent?

Just now, bluerules009 said:

How would i be wrong?

How does smoking destroy the quality of the air, water or environment of my property if you are doing it next door?

So are you going to suggest a ban on camping, electrical lines and cars then to be consistent?

Camping causes environmental damage, air damage, and damages water.

So do cars.

So do power lines.

So does smoking. It isn't a ton, but to say "none" is absurd. 

Where did I suggest a ban on cigarettes? I can't even be snide here because you are being consistent by not reading.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Camping causes environmental damage, air damage, and damages water.

So do cars.

So do power lines.

So does smoking. It isn't a ton, but to say "none" is absurd. 

Where did I suggest a ban on cigarettes? I can't even be snide here because you are being consistent by not reading.

To say none is accurate.  Smoking doesn't cause any damage to a neighbors environment.

To act like it does is absurd.

14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

The conversation is about banning cigarette smoking, so why don't you consider some consistency and read before you post.

51 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Did he suggest that cigarettes get "a free pass"?

Ah, I get it. Teams and shit.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

I'm not advocating any changes, just pointing out your poor argument.

My argument is just fine, alcohol is far more destructive to society than cigs or vapes. That and raising the legal age to smoke won’t do a gottdamn thing.

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

A8B027F2-5653-48AA-A64D-7324766C1936.jpeg.97eeb662a990dd3858fa9256ab92ca83.jpeg

Aww, that’s pretty good Comrade fan. Happy to see you’ve been working on your poetry.

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My argument is just fine, alcohol is far more destructive to society than cigs or vapes. That and raising the legal age to smoke won’t do a gottdamn thing.

Your argument is shit because you're suggesting that alcohol, although more dangerous, is less regulated. It is not less regulated. It is already more regulated.

The drinking age is already 21.

Local municipalities often run under age stings on merchant for sales of alcohol to minors....not so for cigarettes.

And if you phuck up misusing alcohol, you could land in prison....not so for cigarettes.

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Your argument is shit because you're suggesting that alcohol, although more dangerous, is less regulated. It is not less regulated. It is already more regulated.

The drinking age is already 21.

Local municipalities often run under age stings on merchant for sales of alcohol to minors....not so for cigarettes.

And if you phuck up misusing alcohol, you could land in prison....not so for cigarettes.

Raising the legal age to smoke won’t do a gottdamn thing to curb smoking. All those taxes and regs won’t either. But that’s not really the point here is it? Let’s just get to the truth ... hypocrites like you simply don’t like smoking because you find it gross so you put down those who do it while demonizing the industry that produces the products. Meanwhile, you’re totally cool with breweries, vineyards, and distilleries because those are hip and trendy.

As for me, I’m for lowering the drinking age to 18 like every other fukking civilized country on the planet. Because if an 18 year old wants to drink, they’re going to find a gottdamn way to do it. Just like they will with smoking. 

36 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Aww, that’s pretty good Comrade fan. Happy to see you’ve been working on your poetry.

He's kind of like a communist Flava Flav.