Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Game Thread: Alabama vs Clemson

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

3 trips inside the 10 and 0 points? Sheesh. This is a game without that futility.

Another team did that during bowl season :hmmm:

Nevada=Clemson!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm loving this, but never count out Bama. As a long time Miami Dolphins fan, Saban is the Bill Belichick of college football and I've witnessed enough Patriot comebacks that I won't feel comfortable until there's a 4td lead with a minute left. 

Bama just gave up.

Just now, Wyovanian said:

What a sh-t show of a "championship" game. It really is time to end this "playoff" farce. No wonder they can't sell tickets. How many TVs got switched to re-runs by 9pm?

I’m watching Game of Thrones on HBOGo.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Wyovanian said:

What a sh-t show of a "championship" game. It really is time to end this "playoff" farce. No wonder they can't sell tickets. How many TVs got switched to re-runs by 9pm?

I'm finding it quite enjoyable. 

What system do you want?

The last coach to beat Alabama by more than 16?

Nick Saban of LSU.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

A blowout is entertaining?

Think of it this way so you can appreciate it.

Its the Brokeback Mountain of college football....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

16 team playoff. 10 conference champs, 6 at-large.

Putting a Conference USA champ against a major P5 school is going to solve blowouts?

UAB got a chance against a team who barely broke .500 in the SEC and got murdered.

If the playoffs have proved anything, it's the lack of truly elite teams and the fact that we may not need expansion 

Just now, retrofade said:

When Bama is at the receiving end of it, you're damn right it's entertaining.

Guess I'm just not that emotionally invested in two teams I couldn't give two runny sh-ts about.

I want to see a competition. This is not competitive. This is not entertainment.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I guess you're a big fan of Annie Proulx...

Does she play for Wyoming?

1 minute ago, sebasour said:

Putting a Conference USA champ against a major P5 school is going to solve blowouts?

UAB got a chance against a team who barely broke .500 in the SEC and got murdered

I'd rather see the occasional upset between sixteen teams than blowouts between the same four teams year over year...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes