Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Game Thread: Alabama vs Clemson

SOP at a NFL stadium, although Santa Clara is high even by NFL standards.  But that includes the stupidity tax.

Because if you're stupid enough to pay $14 for a beer......

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, RamSack said:

If it were a true championship game where all D-1 teams had a chance before the season kicked off, then I'd probably watch.  This college fan wants to see the playoffs expand to give other teams a chance to play in it (like UCF this year).  I hope they have horrible ratings tonight.

It's the two best teams in the sport facing off at a neutral site. Enjoy the game for what it is.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

I read today that they are having a hard time selling out the game.  Ticket prices are going down.  I will watch as long as it is interesting.  When Bama gets up by 14, I will turn on Netflix and watch a movie.  I must not be a fan as I have a hard time watching any team sporting event when I do not care who wins. 

I will.  I'm pretty tired of these two teams being the supreme overlords, but the matchup itself is compelling and interesting enough to override that....this year at least.  If we get it again next year i might stop giving a shit tho

CFP Playoff: Ticket average plummets, empty seats likely

Despite optimism from CFP executives, the average price of tickets sold is set to hit a new low in 2019.

PUBLISHED: January 7, 2019 at 2:37 pm | UPDATED: January 7, 2019 at 3:04 pm

SANTA CLARA — Monday’s forecast calls for dry weather, but even low ticket prices and clear skies might not spark a last-minute run on College Football Playoff National Championship tickets.

With fewer than three hours remaining until kickoff, more than 4,000 tickets remained for sale on StubHub for the matchup between No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Clemson at Levi’s Stadium.

Though CFP executive director Bill Hancock and 49ers team president Al Guido expressed confidence the average price of tickets sold would compare favorably to title games played in 2015 and 2016, the latest StubHub data shows otherwise.

Face value for upper level tickets to the 2019 CFP National Championship game is $475, so barring an unexpected late run on sales, the average price of tickets purchased on the secondary market will finish near or below the cheapest face value ticket.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 hours ago, RamSack said:

If it were a true championship game where all D-1 teams had a chance before the season kicked off, then I'd probably watch.  This college fan wants to see the playoffs expand to give other teams a chance to play in it (like UCF this year).  I hope they have horrible ratings tonight.

This year has shown that playoff expansion would be a futile effort where the very high probability would be the same teams in the title game and a further dilution of bowl season.

Keep the participation trophies in Orlando.

8 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

CFP Playoff: Ticket average plummets, empty seats likely

Despite optimism from CFP executives, the average price of tickets sold is set to hit a new low in 2019.

PUBLISHED: January 7, 2019 at 2:37 pm | UPDATED: January 7, 2019 at 3:04 pm

SANTA CLARA — Monday’s forecast calls for dry weather, but even low ticket prices and clear skies might not spark a last-minute run on College Football Playoff National Championship tickets.

With fewer than three hours remaining until kickoff, more than 4,000 tickets remained for sale on StubHub for the matchup between No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Clemson at Levi’s Stadium.

Though CFP executive director Bill Hancock and 49ers team president Al Guido expressed confidence the average price of tickets sold would compare favorably to title games played in 2015 and 2016, the latest StubHub data shows otherwise.

Face value for upper level tickets to the 2019 CFP National Championship game is $475, so barring an unexpected late run on sales, the average price of tickets purchased on the secondary market will finish near or below the cheapest face value ticket.

Proof positive California and the west in general sucks for college football fandom.  

And the Bay, Levi Stadium Oasis especially,  is the worst option in that state for college football.  $100 tickets is the cheapest part of that shitfest, travel and lodging is ridiculously expensive for Clemson or Bama fans.  The Bay got the game with the hope of expanding the regions college football fandom, and it predictably went horribly.  

Nope. The CFP has turned out exactly as I thought it would when first conceived - the same handful of teams vying for the championship every year. 

I've seen this story before...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

that's standard stadium prices tbh

Yep. A double Patron at the T&M is $20 and don't get me started on T-Mobile prices. Going to a Knights game is like paying for a mini vacation.

28 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Not from what I’ve experienced, I can get a double Makers rocks for $12 at Soldier Field United Club. 

That's not too bad. Jealous.

I think Bama wins and covers, but I'm cheering for Clemson.

It's a matchup I'm bored of, but it's the last college football for 8 months and these are quite clearly the 2 best teams