Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Attention Nevada Fans !!!

10 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Was beating us really that big? I guess I'm still not used to us being the target to measure.

Anytime you beat a top 10 team at home as a 15 pt dog it's a great accomplishment.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

33 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Was beating us really that big? I guess I'm still not used to us being the target to measure.

Think this is more about the UNM athletic department desperately needing the $$$ - The win didn't hurt & combined with the special game jersey's maybe NM can make some $$ 

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

With all the crap that UNM/fans have been going through the past 2-3 years; the athletic department, and in fact the entire UNM Administration in disarray... football in the dumps, the loss of good sports teams (men's soccer in particular p***'d off many Lobo fans), due to financial issues, basketball off to a less than EXPECTED start, financial scandal, and transparency issues, the fans needed something to rally around and cheer for. If you had polled the crowd before the game, i doubt the majority would have said UNM would win... we just wanted to be competitive!

With our notoriously slow starts, and almost always being down double digits barely 5 minutes into a game, I was praying we didn't do that against Nevada, or it surely would have been a long painful home game blowout...again! Seeing not only improvement, but a HUGE win against a quality, nationally ranked team, on national TV... yes, it really was that big for us.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Lol

I mean if Nevada ends up going 39-1 and wins the NC then please auction these jerseys. That would truly be a special enough win to sell the jerseys. 

But if Nevada goes 32-5 with a loss in the sweet 16 this will look ridiculous. It will still be a great win over a top 20 team but nothing legendary lol. 

I'd bet they had this planned well before the Reno game.

And if they didn't it's about as embarrassing as when Reno hired cheap Buffer for a showdown with the worst team in UNLV history. 

5 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Tell the truth, you Nevada fans were riding we are in the top ten horse for a few weeks.  I will easily admit that Nevada is easily the top team in the MWC.  Wear the target with a little pride, your team just earned a court rush after getting upset!

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

17 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Tell the truth, you Nevada fans were riding we are in the top ten horse for a few weeks.  I will easily admit that Nevada is easily the top team in the MWC.  Wear the target with a little pride, your team just earned a court rush after getting upset!

5 years ago nobody would’ve thought that beating Nevada in the Pit would warrant a court rushing. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I think most Nevada fans tried to down play the hype and were more realistic than some of us were. I really felt they would breeze through the MWC. They did show some chinks in their armor in the OOC with slow starts and poor perimeter shooting which bit them in the arse against UNM.

When you are perfect like they were the pressure builds and you start playing tentative and not to lose instead of being focused and attacking. Now that they have a loss that monkey is off their back. I suspect you will see them more relaxed and playing well the rest of the way. They may lose another game or two but the goal should be to continue to improve before the tournaments start. They need to get Brown and other bench players more playing time. 

28 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Negative, most of us have been cautious if not humble, save a few

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

With all the crap that UNM/fans have been going through the past 2-3 years; the athletic department, and in fact the entire UNM Administration in disarray... football in the dumps, the loss of good sports teams (men's soccer in particular p***'d off many Lobo fans), due to financial issues, basketball off to a less than EXPECTED start, financial scandal, and transparency issues, the fans needed something to rally around and cheer for. If you had polled the crowd before the game, i doubt the majority would have said UNM would win... we just wanted to be competitive!

With our notoriously slow starts, and almost always being down double digits barely 5 minutes into a game, I was praying we didn't do that against Nevada, or it surely would have been a long painful home game blowout...again! Seeing not only improvement, but a HUGE win against a quality, nationally ranked team, on national TV... yes, it really was that big for us.

Really. Dropping men's soccer should cause celebrations. Soccer is a good sport for woman. That's it. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How many Reno grandmothers died that night?

I know of 3. Numbers are unofficial until the trailer parks reconcile their death records.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

12 hours ago, mugtang said:

5 years ago nobody would’ve thought that beating Nevada in the Pit would warrant a court rushing. 

It still doesn't. Students look for about anything to feel relevant and find there was onto a TV screen. Beating a #1 or maybe a #2 that you have a history with is worthy, a game win that secures a championship from a top team. Nowadays about anything is getting justified and the security at the arenas doesn't even try to stop them. To me it's a bit pathetic and comical.

5 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

It still doesn't. Students look for about anything to feel relevant and find there was onto a TV screen. Beating a #1 or maybe a #2 that you have a history with is worthy but nowadays about anything is getting justified and the security at the arenas don't even try to stop them. To me it's a bit pathetic and comical.

Why should they try and stop them? Doesn't hurt anything; somebody's more likely to get hurt if they were trying to stop them.

I'm just happy to see students having fun and going to the games.

Damn, you sound like this: :oldman: