Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Old TV Shows

How many of you watched Dragnet? Or, Seahunt, Highway Patrol, the Rifleman, Amos and Andy, the Little Rascals, Maverick, Bonanza, Abbott and Costello, the Naked City? I would love to watch old Dragnet reruns. The dialogue was always corny and melodramatic,  “Nothing but the facts ma’am”. 

Dragnet was good but I preferred Green Acres, Dobie Gillis, Mr. Ed, Patty Duke, Petty Coat Junction (my great grandfather was the old man in front of the store in the rocking chair) etc. Most people under 60 dont know of most of the old black and white tv shows from that era.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

How many of you watched Dragnet? Or, Seahunt, or Highway Patrol, or the Rifleman, or Amos and Andy, or the Little Rascals? I would love to watch old Dragnet reruns. The dialogue was always corny and melodramatic,  “Nothing but the facts ma’am”. 

I watched the first four a lot. I remember the Little Rascals reruns being on and my Dad talking about how much he had liked it.

Green Acres was the absolute best. It was way out there below the surface. I watched a ton of Hogan’s Heroes. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

There are several digital TV networks that air many of those classic shows and more. Check your cable or satellite menu for MeTV, Cozi, Retro, Get and Start. There's also Movies! which specializes in older films of note. MeTV and Cozi offer the best programs IMHO. And Movies! will surprise you with the classic films they show from time to time. 

I can remember when i was in grade school walking to my grandparents house with my dad on Friday evenings after the local news.  My grandparents lived on the same ranch as we did but their house was on a hill and had a taller TV antenna tower so they could pull in NBC out of Rapid City where we'd watch Combat! and Hogan's Hero's reruns.  I can also remember watching Bonanza and Andy Griffith reruns as a kid.

23 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I can remember when i was in grade school walking to my grandparents house with my dad on Friday evenings after the local news.  My grandparents lived on the same ranch as we did but their house was on a hill and had a taller TV antenna tower so they could pull in NBC out of Rapid City where we'd watch Combat! and Hogan's Hero's reruns.  I can also remember watching Bonanza and Andy Griffith reruns as a kid.

MeTV airs Hogan's Heroes, Bonanza and the Andy Griffith show. https://www.metv.com/