Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

SDSU @Boise

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

SUDS 25

Altitude Poisoning 46

Halftime 

Can you believe that Craig Thompson had the nerve to schedule a Saturday trip to Boise in January for SDSU?  Bad scheduling continues to murder the Aztecs.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Can you believe that Craig Thompson had the nerve to schedule a Saturday trip to Boise in January for SDSU?  Bad scheduling continues to murder the Aztecs.

Yet another conspiracy by the front rangers :pullhair:

Weird seeing the Aztecs without their typical size advantage.  Besides McDaniels and Watson they were worse than expected.  The fat dude is decent too when he's not fouling. Great game by Alston. When Alston and mcdaniels guarded each other they have the exact same body.  

5 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Ran into a buzz saw tonight. That was the best hustling BSU defense I have seen in my 10 years of watching this team. Also offense clicking tonight. Great game Broncos!!!

This team has looked better as the season progressed, even when they were losing. They have been competitive in games against some decent teams recently. They had suspensions and injuries while also dealing with managing new roles to start the season, but they have started to figure it out. That said, this is the worst defensive SDSU team since Boise joined the league. Boise got easy shots all game, which is so unlike SDSU basketball. 

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Truckstop U is at all of 2700 feet. I'd think you guys would have a mandatory GE topography class with all the ice road trucking and all.

What’s with the altitude thing with Aztec fans. Your sorry assed team gets their butts kicked and that’s all you’ve got? I keep telling you SDSU isn’t the basketball program it used to be. I never thought I would see the day SDSU would resort to a zone defense and even that was crappy. 

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

What’s with the altitude thing with Aztec fans. Your sorry assed team gets their butts kicked and that’s all you’ve got? I keep telling you SDSU isn’t the basketball program it used to be. I never thought I would see the day SDSU would resort to a zone defense and even that was crappy. 

He was dismissing the altitude trope non-Aztec fans are stating here.

SDSU isn't good.  Congrats on the big win.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Do they not offer reading comprehension classes at Tater Trucker U? I would think it would be a critical component for developing the life skills Boise grads will need in life, such as reading highway signs, or properly operating the deep fryer.

I mean, if you were in fact literate after all, you might have picked up on the noticeable lack of excuses in the game thread on Aztecmesa - this team sucks and we know it.

Maybe you can paint your court some spaztasstic shade of blue for us. Seems to work in FB.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Do they not offer reading comprehension classes at Tater Trucker U? I would think it would be a critical component for developing the life skills Boise grads will need in life, such as reading highway signs, or properly operating the deep fryer.

I mean, if you were in fact literate after all, you might have picked up on the noticeable lack of excuses in the game thread on Aztecmesa - this team sucks and we know it.

Maybe you can paint your court some spaztasstic shade of blue for us. Seems to work in FB.

Two weeks ago you were telling me the SDSU team and program was fine. I’m glad to see you aren’t still drinking the koolaid. I guess it took Tater Trucker U to demolish your sorry ass team to finally show you the light. Lol.

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Not only your team but your coach as well!!!

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Two weeks ago you were telling me the SDSU team and program was fine. I’m glad to see you aren’t still drinking the koolaid. I guess it took Tater Trucker U to demolish your sorry ass team to finally show you the light. Lol.

Incorrectomundo. What I actually said was that it was too early to reach a valid assessment on this team this season. 

God-Youre-Fvcking-Retarded.jpg

Link. What's up with the war between you and reading comprehension? :blink:

Anyway, after losing to your shitty squad as badly as we got beat by a less-shitty Brown team, I've more inclined to say we suck.

24 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Incorrectomundo. What I actually said was that it was too early to reach a valid assessment on this team this season. 

And after losing to your shitty squad as badly as we got beat by a less-shitty Brown team, I've more inclined to say we suck.

I kinda wonder now how both of ya's would have fared in the BW this year:

SDSU's best win is Xavier, then BYU.  also won at Illinois State.  Lost at Cal (as did Cal Poly), lost to a decent little sister USD.   Blitzed by Boise and Brown and needed a furious comeback down 19 vs CSUN to eek out that win. 

Boise's best win is SDSU and then - Pacific? They've racked up some ugly losses. 20 to St. Bonaventure.  Blew an 18 point lead vs Idaho State.  LMU isn't an ugly loss at all - but then they lost the next game to UC Riverside.    UCSB avenged their former Bronco buddies with a 19 point win over Idaho State.

So - would a finish in the upper third for SDSU and bottom third for Boise sound right this year??

23 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

SDSU's best win is Xavier, then BYU.  also won at Illinois State.  Lost at Cal (as did Cal Poly), lost to a decent little sister USD.   Blitzed by Boise and Brown and needed a furious comeback down 19 vs CSUN to eek out that win. 

Boise's best win is SDSU and then - Pacific? They've racked up some ugly losses. 20 to St. Bonaventure.  Blew an 18 point lead vs Idaho State.  LMU isn't an ugly loss at all - but then they lost the next game to UC Riverside.    UCSB avenged their former Bronco buddies with a 19 point win over Idaho State.

So - would a finish in the upper third for SDSU and bottom third for Boise sound right this year??

Honestly man, the way it's playing out I'm not sure we'd be competitive in any conference this season. Our superpower this year appears to be making every team look like the most efficient offensive powerhouse in the history of the sport. :shrug: 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Altitude poisoning is great.  Right up there with 500,000,000 CSU alumni in Denver.  Who is Nappy Ribs?  THE Josh Allen and other board classics.  

Don't forget Grocery Store Stadium being intimidating.  That is always a doozy to see,  and right up there with the other MWCBoardisms.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Actually we beat a bad Bonnies team by 20. Our biggest losses were to Oregon and Creighton by 12 points. Our worst loss was to a bad ISU team in the first game of the year. In preseason I predicted this team would be hard pressed to win half their games not knowing how bad the MWC was going to be. Now I’m thinking we may end up right at 0.500 or slightly above. 

Im more concerned about the longer term prediction for Boise State and the MWC. Next year Boise State will have basically the same team with the addition of four freshmen now redshirting plus the Oregon transfer. There is a good chance the team could rebound to a 20 win season. I assume the MWC will also get better as they can’t get much worse. Nevada will likely fall somewhat but the rest should improve. 

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Actually we beat a bad Bonnies team by 20. Our biggest losses were to Oregon and Creighton by 12 points. Our worst loss was to a bad ISU team in the first game of the year. In preseason I predicted this team would be hard pressed to win half their games not knowing how bad the MWC was going to be. Now I’m thinking we may end up right at 0.500 or slightly above. 

Im more concerned about the longer term prediction for Boise State and the MWC. Next year Boise State will have basically the same team with the addition of four freshmen now redshirting plus the Oregon transfer. There is a good chance the team could rebound to a 20 win season. I assume the MWC will also get better as they can’t get much worse. Nevada will likely fall somewhat but the rest should improve. 

We say this every year.  And every year, it gets worse.  All the fun of MW basketball is gone.  One paper tiger, and a bunch of CBI (at best) teams for the last half-decade has tuned me out.  It is a far fall from the good old days.