Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

New study shows that Millennials are destroying... Congress?

11 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

How much longer before avocado toast is considered a national delicacy and Applebee's is outlawed?

image.thumb.png.d9cc0b12688bddb6fd7c39ad2a4c5379.png

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/changes-in-gender-racial-diversity-between-the-115th-and-116th-house-2018-12

Given the number of baby boomers, it’s no wonder the country is so far in debt.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

How much longer before avocado toast is considered a national delicacy and Applebee's is outlawed?

image.thumb.png.d9cc0b12688bddb6fd7c39ad2a4c5379.png

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/changes-in-gender-racial-diversity-between-the-115th-and-116th-house-2018-12

Is it really different from what we've seen historically?  I mean besides the generational names we've assigned to demographics?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

34 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Is it really different from what we've seen historically?  I mean besides the generational names we've assigned to demographics?

Not really. I just can't wait for the time when a government shutdown, etc. is blamed on the increased number of those pesky, entitled millennials in Congress

I don't know, but i have never seen so many old bitter white dudes as when i see any type of gathering of Republican Congressmen.  Hopefully our leadership continues to move towards looking more like, well our actual country.  Last elections were a step in the right direction.  It's actually cool seeing a woman being sworn in as Speaker of the House.  This is going to be fun.

2 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I was just at my local Black Bear Diner (Basically a step above Dennys in California) and they had Avocado toast on the menu. And the only people who I ever seen in Applebee's are lost, sad Millennials. Not sure what you're getting at here. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

I don't know, but i have never seen so many old bitter white dudes as when i see any type of gathering of Republican Congressmen.  Hopefully our leadership continues to move towards looking more like, well our actual country.  Last elections were a step in the right direction.  It's actually cool seeing an angry, bitter white hag woman being sworn in as Speaker of the House.  This is going to be fun.

Just to keep a symmetrical flow of language.

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I was just at my local Black Bear Diner (Basically a step above Dennys in California) and they had Avocado toast on the menu. And the only people who I ever seen in Applebee's are lost, sad Millennials. Not sure what you're getting at here. 

Maybe your town is an anomaly. 

https://money.cnn.com/2017/05/15/news/millennials-home-buying-avocado-toast/index.html

https://www.eater.com/2017/10/3/16395478/applebees-deserves-to-die

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Seeing Millennials look sad and lost in Applebee's means you are also in Applebee's. I for one and glad my generation is shutting that shit hole down. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

21 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I can’t go to Applebee’s because I’m too busy building a time machine to travel back to 1974 so I can afford to buy a house.

When you get there make sure they make a Constitutional amendment to keep money out of politics, all modern day problems solved.

4 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I can’t go to Applebee’s because I’m too busy building a time machine to travel back to 1974 so I can afford to buy a house.

And when you get there, please make sure to break up @Rocket‘s parents (see below) so they don’t produce any offspring.

81474205.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 1/4/2019 at 9:55 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Maybe you should look for a more affordable market to buy in.  If you have an education and a solid job,  no reason to not be able to buy a house, assuming you aren't limiting yourself to a very specific area.  Interest rates have been low for close to a decade now.  

On 1/4/2019 at 4:22 PM, nomascows said:

Just to keep a symmetrical flow of language.

I'm cool with that.  The point remains.  One party continues to look more and more like an actual cross section of the US.  That's a good thing.  The other party continues to cling to the past and elect clones of the the guys in power.  

2 hours ago, alum93 said:

Maybe you should look for a more affordable market to buy in.  If you have an education and a solid job,  no reason to not be able to buy a house, assuming you aren't limiting yourself to a very specific area.  Interest rates have been low for close to a decade now.  

Yeah, all he has to do is not live where he lives!!!!!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, ridgeview2 said:

Seeing Millennials look sad and lost in Applebee's means you are also in Applebee's. I for one and glad my generation is shutting that shit hole down. 

Applebee's, Chuck E Cheese, Dirty Deeds, Don't you see?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

40 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah, all he has to do is not live where he lives!!!!!

Well technically, yes.  If you want to live in downtown San Fran or Manhattan and don't have the salary for a house,  the answer isn't that houses aren't affordable everywhere.   I can't take my salary and go live in a mansion in Beverly Hills just because i want to live there.  That's not how it works.  Now if you say houses are generally not affordable based on average wages across the board,  than we know that is simply not true.  For the most part, if you have an education and have save up,  there is no reason at some point you can't have the American dream.  Maybe you might have to wait a few more years than others, but in our country it is absolutely possible.  

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

Well technically, yes.  If you want to live in downtown San Fran or Manhattan and don't have the salary for a house,  the answer isn't that houses aren't affordable everywhere.   I can't take my salary and go live in a mansion in Beverly Hills just because i want to live there.  That's not how it works.  Now if you say houses are generally not affordable based on average wages across the board,  than we know that is simply not true.  For the most part, if you have an education and have save up,  there is no reason at some point you can't have the American dream.  Maybe you might have to wait a few more years than others, but in our country it is absolutely possible.  

Or if you, like, want to live in Seattle or Denver or the entire Bay or LA.

Your posts make you seem remarkably naive of how housing price increases have exceeded wage increases for great swaths of the country

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.