Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Rick Pitino to UCLA wow

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

I guarantee you that many more coaches wives would prefer Vegas to Bumfuk, Wyoming!!!

Jackson Hole is basically a newer Aspen, Colorado. It’s very expensive, hip, and great food/spas etc.There’s places for wives to go, albeit quite a drive/travel in Wyoming.   

When I lived in Denver, apparently there were several married women from Wyoming that would stroll into town at some of the bars I frequented on Friday/Saturday nights while their husbands were out hunting, fishing, camping or whatever.  Looking for some excitement, I guess. 

Anyway, I was 22-23 at the time and had good chemistry with one girl who was older, she was probably about 28-30. Total smokeshow and there weren’t any red flags. We go back to my apt and yada yada yada, early the next morning she was frantic and I couldn’t figure out why she was so panicky. She was on the phone with a friend she came down with, she they were talking about how they have to get back to Wyo right away and get their kids ready for church. I’ll never forget the words out of her mouth, “[so and so] will be PISSED if he finds out.“ uh, who is [so and so]? “My husband.” Oh great.  That’s just terrific. 

At that point I’m thinking very soon I’ll be the next Ron Goldman fileted on my entry way sidewalk. I mean JFC lady. 

11 hours ago, VincentVegaBond said:

I guarantee you that many more coaches wives would prefer Vegas to Bumfuk, Wyoming!!!

Hard to say, but when Jim Brandenburg decamped for sunny San Diego, the wife and kids remained in Laradise for four more years...

BTW, I've spent plenty of time in LV. Have you ever been to Laramie?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

10 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Jackson Hole is basically a newer Aspen, Colorado. It’s very expensive, hip, and great food/spas etc.There’s places for wives to go, albeit quite a drive/travel in Wyoming.   

When I lived in Denver, apparently there were several married women from Wyoming that would stroll into town at some of the bars I frequented on Friday/Saturday nights while their husbands were out hunting, fishing, camping or whatever.  Looking for some excitement, I guess. 

Anyway, I was 22-23 at the time and had good chemistry with one girl who was older, she was probably about 28-30. Total smokeshow and there weren’t any red flags. We go back to my apt and yada yada yada, early the next morning she was frantic and I couldn’t figure out why she was so panicky. She was on the phone with a friend she came down with, she they were talking about how they have to get back to Wyo right away and get their kids ready for church. I’ll never forget the words out of her mouth, “[so and so] will be PISSED if he finds out.“ uh, who is [so and so]? “My husband.” Oh great.  That’s just terrific. 

At that point I’m thinking very soon I’ll be the next Ron Goldman fileted on my entry way sidewalk. I mean JFC lady. 

Jackson's in the corner of the state opposite Laramie. In Wyoming, they're both considered to be quite a bit different than the rest of the state. The only bluish purple counties in the state.

Laramie is 45 minutes from Cheyenne (80k), an hour from FoCo, and two from Denver. In short, you can get your city fix and come back home to no traffic, clean skies, great neighbors, etc. Killer mountain biking and rock climbing just east of town. Skiing, hiking, and hundreds of mountain lakes forty-five minutes west. Some of the best fishing in the world both east and west of town. Laramie's also a short two hour drive to Steamboat, two and a half to Winterpark, and barely three to most of Summit County's ski areas.

Throw in great schools, solid community organizations, a fun and picturesque downtown with all kinds of shopping, bars, and restaurants, and it's easy to see why professionals with children find it very attractive. Especially after they get sticker shock pricing homes in Larimer County...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

22 hours ago, utenation said:

This pic never gets old. I've always loved how UNLV fans regale us with stories of Tark's innocence and squeaky clean actions.. Apparently he was just ignorant and a pure victim to the atrocities going on at UNLV.. 

BTW, if the "Fixer" was a real pimp, he'd have women in that hot tub, not just 4 dudes..

Image result for richard perry the fixer mug shot

Who else has the ncaa sent a multi million dollar check to?

Asking for a friend.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:28 PM, utenation said:

This pic never gets old. I've always loved how UNLV fans regale us with stories of Tark's innocence and squeaky clean actions.. Apparently he was just ignorant and a pure victim to the atrocities going on at UNLV.. 

BTW, if the "Fixer" was a real pimp, he'd have women in that hot tub, not just 4 dudes..

Image result for richard perry the fixer mug shot

You should become more enlightened about Richard “Sam” Perry, particularly how deceptive he was. In 1988 when Lloyd Daniels was playing for the Topeka Sizzlers in the CBA Perry connived his way into a front office position.  Once they found out who he was of course he was let go.   

As to his connection with UNLV, in the spring of 89 Time magazine reported Perry gave David Butler and Moses Scurry money for lunch at Caesars Palace.  Immediately upon learning of this Jerry called a team meeting and told them to avoid him at all costs.  It was the first time Jerry learned who he really was, his background.  He reiterated this point when fall practice began in mid October in 89.

Moses (who Perry coached on the AAU circuit) always said the hot tub photo was taken not long after he arrived in Vegas in 88, before Jerry knew who he was, told the team to stay away from Perry.  Judging from Anderson Hunt’s hairstyle in the photo I believe he was telling the truth.

There was no known connection with Perry following the team meeting in 89.  Yes, Perry continued to come to Rebel games.  Even Maxson said though the school could not regulate who came to games.