Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Nevada adds Dequesne transfer Mike Lewis II

BREAKING: Nevada adds another transfer in Mike Lewis II, a guard from Duquesne. Lewis is a career 12.9 ppg scorer and strong 3-point shooter. Here's what Lewis will bring to the team and how Nevada's fitting him on the roster.

Screenshot_2019-01-03-12-02-31~2.png

37 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If he doesn't get an NCAA waiver, he will have to sit a year and only have one semester of eligibility remaining.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/01/03/duquesne-guard-mike-lewis-ii-transfers-to-nevada/

Thought he was walking on this year then redshirting next, for 1 year to play in 2020-21

3 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Thought he was walking on this year then redshirting next, for 1 year to play in 2020-21

This is from the article linked above:

"Lewis, a junior, will enroll at Nevada in January, and unless he is able to get an NCAA waiver, will have to sit out a year, which will leave him with one semester of eligibility remaining."

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:
This is from the article linked above:

"Lewis, a junior, will enroll at Nevada in January, and unless he is able to get an NCAA waiver, will have to sit out a year, which will leave him with one semester of eligibility remaining."

That doesn't sound right to me. 

2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Muss seems allergic to high school kids like UNLV is allergic to winning and the NCAA tournament.

We still have 4 scholarships to give.  I hope at least 2 are given to freshmen.  He does have some offers out. 

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We still have 4 scholarships to give.  I hope at least 2 are given to freshmen.  He does have some offers out. 

Honestly, UNLV is supposed to take transfers and 2nd chance kids. That was the winning bread and butter. Muss is snatching up all of them and wiping the floor with everyone.

I miss getting the best transfers. 

Mediocrity sucks.

2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Honestly, UNLV is supposed to take transfers and 2nd chance kids. That was the winning bread and butter. Muss is snatching up all of them and wiping the floor with everyone.

Mediocrity sucks.

No worries.  According to Ph, you can't build a winning program with transfers.

Barack Obama

We will see if Muss can sustain it. I think its about the coach. Muss got the perfect mix with the twins and Caroline. 

Its definitely more volatile with having to mix and match personalities more often. We will see how good reno is next season. 

I suspect the pack will be pretty damn good again.

7 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Mediocrity sucks.

This is often lost when some (generally younger) Rebel fans talk about UNLV's recruiting. Tark was the master at landing impact transfers and second-chancers and incorporating them all into a finely-tuned machine. Four (LJ, Anthony, Butler, and Scurry) of the top six in the championship team rotation were transfers. Muss is just borrowing Tark's philosophy and modernizing it a bit.

7 minutes ago, qwelish said:

We will see if Muss can sustain it. I think its about the coach. Muss got the perfect mix with the twins and Caroline. 

Its definitely more volatile with having to mix and match personalities more often. We will see how good reno is next season. 

I suspect the pack will be pretty damn good again.

At least, if he's not coaching UCLA or USC next year.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

At least, if he's not coaching UCLA or USC next year.

USC has the #2 recruiting class coming in. I think Andy is safe.

Unless UCLA misses on 3 or more of their targets, I doubt they go after Muss. But they might interview him. 

Barack Obama