Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#6 Nevada at New Mexico

Really glad to see that Nevada is STILL a top 10 team. The respect that Wolfpack basketball has across the country is real! Good news for the MW that we still have a top 10 team!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Really glad to see that Nevada is STILL a top 10 team. The respect that Wolfpack basketball has across the country is real! Good news for the MW that we still have a top 10 team!

Lol a lot of people are pissed that we're still that high.

I'll take it though!

8k3esKz.png

1 hour ago, Chrysis said:

Lol a lot of people are pissed that we're still that high.

I'll take it though!

I don’t understand that myself, but people see things differently all the time. The MW needs ranked teams. We need UNM, SDSU, UNLV, and BSU, to get back to where we were. We can’t let Nevada do it alone.

We need EPIC battles every weekend between MWC teams, to ignite fan bases and get national attention. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

17 hours ago, cardrater said:

Lazy passes and missed free throws was definitely them playing poorly. I give credit to Mexico for playing a complete game and the best game by far they played this season completely socked A Nevada team that did not look prepared and looked way too tired than they should be. 

Hopefully must make some adjustments but he can’t keep riding his starting five until the last 2 minutes each game. The bench should’ve been subbing more when Nevada was up so much against Utah state.

This. I know he says you earn minutes in practice, but at some point some real game action is necessary to keep bench players sharp and to give your starters rests. Plus, we have a McDonald's All-American who is a skilled scorer. Yet in a game we're struggling to score he gets eight minutes, much of which came when the game was already out of reach.

Muss is a great coach, so I don't want to harp too much, but I do think he has a blind spot in this area.

22 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don’t understand that myself, but people see things differently all the time. The MW needs ranked teams. We need UNM, SDSU, UNLV, and BSU, to get back to where we were. We can’t let Nevada do it alone.

We need EPIC battles every weekend between MWC teams, to ignite fan bases and get national attention. 

I mostly mean other fanbases in the T25 right now, especially behind us like Houston :P

But yeah I agree 100%

8k3esKz.png

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

This. I know he says you earn minutes in practice, but at some point some real game action is necessary to keep bench players sharp and to give your starters rests. Plus, we have a McDonald's All-American who is a skilled scorer. Yet in a game we're struggling to score he gets eight minutes, much of which came when the game was already out of reach.

Muss is a great coach, so I don't want to harp too much, but I do think he has a blind spot in this area.

Take it from your southern counterparts...McD AAs are not all they're cracked up to be sometimes.  

13 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Take it from your southern counterparts...McD AAs are not all they're cracked up to be sometimes.  

No doubt. But there is a difference between hitching your wagon to a freshman, McD's AA or not, and finding ways to utilize a freshman with strong scoring skills in a game where your team is struggling to score. One of the smartest things Trent Johnson did in 2003-04 (our first Sweet 16 year) was bench a senior, offensively challenged center about 10 games into the season in favor of a gangly, awkward-looking freshman named Nick Fazekas. Nick wasn't a focal point of the offense that year, but the scoring threat he presented helped open up the offense for players like Kirk Snyder.

The situation isn't the same, because Tre Porter and Tre Thurman are much, much better players than Sean Paul was. But in a supporting role, Jordan Brown should make this team better.

5 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yes.i look at the schedule and think unlv vs unm is somewhat interesting. Interested to see which lobo team shows up. USU vs FSU looks to be a great match up, but the other games are boring.