Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Give the 3 points and take Boise tonight

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You are thinking of the Bronco teams of old. This is easily Rice’s worse team. Even his first one that finished last had some talent. This Bronco team has no one that stands out. They are all basically off the bench role players for most average D-1 teams. 

At the beginning of the year they looked like a YMCA rec team. They have improved since then , but will revert to that status for periods of games. 

I like Rice a lot, and you guys seem to be improving... Wyoming not so much. Injuries may be a big reason, but Edwards makes it hard to be a fan these days. 

I think if we were playing in February it could get real ugly, but  like you said Boise isn't quite there yet and tonight might need to break a sweat at some point to get the win

We've got an 8th kid that suits up now.  He's from Yoder, Guernsey, Fort Laramie or somewhere in that neighborhood.  I'm betting there will be a game where 3 of our schollie players foul out and he's got to go in.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

We've got an 8th kid that suits up now.  He's from Yoder, Guernsey, Fort Laramie or somewhere in that neighborhood.  I'm betting there will be a game where 3 of our schollie players foul out and he's got to go in.

He'll probably come into Moby and dunk on our heads.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He'll probably come into Moby and dunk on our heads.

Pretty sure he can't dunk...my oldest son played against him and he has no business being suited up with any possibility of seeing the court for a college basketball team......any level of college basketball team.  Seriously you can't make this shit up.

8 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Pretty sure he can't dunk...my oldest son played against him and he has no business being suited up with any possibility of seeing the court for a college basketball team......any level of college basketball team.  Seriously you can't make this shit up.

Hopefully he's just a guy they needed as a punching bag in practice and his reward is to suit up on game days 

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

Good lord. The way things are going we'll be getting drunks out of Meeteetse to fill spots by next week. 

18 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

He's Wyoming's Ollie.  Maybe he'll surpirise like Ollie if given a chance?  God help the Cowboys!

Image result for hoosiers ollie gif

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

No way they match SJSU

"Hold my beer."  -Edwards

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You are thinking of the Bronco teams of old. This is easily Rice’s worse team. Even his first one that finished last had some talent. This Bronco team has no one that stands out. They are all basically off the bench role players for most average D-1 teams. 

At the beginning of the year they looked like a YMCA rec team. They have improved since then , but will revert to that status for periods of games. 

Not accurate. Take Reno out and Boise has had the best team in the MW the last two years. While they have lost some very good players off those teams they have many of the starters/contributors off of those teams. They are certainly better than YMCA players.

4 hours ago, pokebball said:

Trace Young looks like a player