Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Give the 3 points and take Boise tonight

Ok pokes, your coach is really nice guy and I actually like the players he brings in.
But they cannot play together.
I actually like 4 of your 5 starters better than ours. Our center position is better. I think you guys have better athletes & players. But they don't defend well together.
Your coach needs to figure out how to get guys to play together or SJSU will beat you.

Since Hobbs recovered from his injury he's averaged 12 ppg and 2.3 apg. This team really needs a go-to guy. Hopefully he can develop into that kind of guy. He can create his own shot and has a good outside shot. Hopefully he can keep building on this. 

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You are thinking of the Bronco teams of old. This is easily Rice’s worse team. Even his first one that finished last had some talent. This Bronco team has no one that stands out. They are all basically off the bench role players for most average D-1 teams. 

At the beginning of the year they looked like a YMCA rec team. They have improved since then , but will revert to that status for periods of games. 

You said this was the worst team in Bronco history. Worse than the one that finished 9th out of 10 teams in the WAC the year before Leon took over. It's not. 

I'm already bracing for Boise fan reactions in two years when they'll have a true rebuilding year. It's going to be hard to deal with. 

27 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

You said this was the worst team in Bronco history. Worse than the one that finished 9th out of 10 teams in the WAC the year before Leon took over. It's not. 

I'm already bracing for Boise fan reactions in two years when they'll have a true rebuilding year. It's going to be hard to deal with. 

Our guys play hard and play good defense I’ll give them that. I’m not getting carried away by beating a really bad Wyoming team that only has six real players. Let’s see how we do against SDSU on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Our guys play hard and play good defense I’ll give them that. I’m not getting carried away by beating a really bad Wyoming team that only has six real players. Let’s see how we do against SDSU on Saturday. 

No one is saying they're good. You're the 3rd Boise poster on here that has said they are the "worst in Boise history". I'm just trying to correct the false negative hyperbole. 

40 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

No one is saying they're good. You're the 3rd Boise poster on here that has said they are the "worst in Boise history". I'm just trying to correct the false negative hyperbole. 

I’d have to go back and look, but I believe I said the worst in Rice’s tenure and I stand by that. His first team finished last, but they had more talent than this team. 

To give some Boise State fans perspective. Boise played a fairly difficult OOC schedule and is 5th in the league in margin of victory behind UNR, USU, FSU, and SDSU. As bad as you are making it out to be, they look better than many of the other MW teams. 

BTW, get to know the team now. They return almost everybody next season. 

18 hours ago, BobbyBoSox said:

Ok pokes, your coach is really nice guy and I actually like the players he brings in.
But they cannot play together.
I actually like 4 of your 5 starters better than ours. Our center position is better. I think you guys have better athletes & players. But they don't defend well together.
Your coach needs to figure out how to get guys to play together or SJSU will beat you.

I don't know what the right answer is.  Edwards really doesn't like to play zone and we kinda suck at it because we haven't practiced it much.  Edwards is a man D guy.  As injuries and the other issues started whacking us, we started playing zone to conserve energy.  Trace Young went down last Saturday in front of the visitors bench and their coaches were screaming for our trainers to get down there to attend to him.  My heart stopped, thinking we just went down to 6 scholly players.  

The World Needs More Cowboys!

8 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

You are wrong when you say worst team ever. Then when you try to compliment them you are wrong. 

I said they are the worst team in Rices tenure. His first team wasn’t the greatest, but had some talented freshmen. IMO they were more talented than the current team, they were just a lot younger. Their preseason record was better than this team. 

Its not wrong to say this team plays good defense because they do. However, the offense is not good, close to the bottom in the MWC.  Way too many turnovers and missed free throws are the primary reasons they have lost the games they have. Rice has even alluded to the fact this team is offensively challenged and must find other ways to win.