Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

LSU Snaps UCF's 25 Game Winning Streak

1 hour ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

UCF had their backup QB lead them to within a score of the SEC team in the NY6. 

The REAL numbers that are relevant around here is what was the Fiesta Bowl TV Rating?

That TV rating will come up in TV negotiations.

AAC is 3-1 in the NY6 (going 4 out of 6 years). That's pretty dominant. 

That "down their star" team lost to a team without their best defender +7.

LSU was better, and the score doesn't show how much that were the case.

MWC was a better conference this year.  Dominance begins again.

30 minutes ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

If UCF would've had a Hawaii-like performance, it would've have damaged them.

They did not pull a Hawaii at all.

It was one of the more entertaining games of the bowl season.

You realize that they are outgunned 550 to 230, right? If you actually watched the game, you would know it was a complete beatdown.

5 minutes ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

We can agree to disagree my friend. That's not the narrative by the beat writers.

Because some person that writes for ESPN said UCF tried hard. I'm not arguing opinions. Look at the Box Score. You just look dumb, pulling a @pesik

Just now, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

It will be interesting to see the Fiesta Bowl ratings. This is a significant data point for the AAC.

No it is not. Good or bad it is irellevant. Ratings are down across the board. It's not UCF's fault. I'm not sure you follow college football closely,

22 minutes ago, fanhood said:

You realize that they are outgunned 550 to 230, right? If you actually watched the game, you would know it was a complete beatdown.

Wasn't time of possesion like 2.5 : 1 in LSU's favor?

21 minutes ago, fanhood said:

No it is not. Good or bad it is irellevant. Ratings are down across the board. It's not UCF's fault. I'm not sure you follow college football closely,

I do follow CFB closely. All these contracts are coming up now. The AAC contract. The MWC contract. The LV bowl contract. Etc.

UCF repped the AAC well today with a backup.

2 hours ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

The REAL numbers that are relevant around here is what was the Fiesta Bowl TV Rating?

That TV rating will come up in TV negotiations.

On the other hand, negotiations may also consider that so far 3 of the 4 AAC bowls produced much lower ratings this year than last year. (Cure was on CBSSN so no available ratings)

Fiesta and Military Bowl ratings still to come in the next day or two. But so far:

• Armed Forces - 2018 Army vs Houston 2.577 million viewers (2017 game Army vs MWC's SDSU 3.485 million)
  • Birmingham Bowl - 2018 Wake Forest vs Memphis 2.533 million viewers (2017 Texas Tech vs USF 3.397 million)
  • Independence Bowl - 2018 Duke vs Temple 1.801 million viewers (2017 Florida State vs. So. Miss. 2.205 million)
  • Gasparilla Bowl - 2018 Marshall vs USF 1.750 million viewers (2017 FIU vs Temple 1.597 million)

1 hour ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

I do follow CFB closely. All these contracts are coming up now. The AAC contract. The MWC contract. The LV bowl contract. Etc.

UCF repped the AAC well today with a backup.

Using Danny Kanell tweets when the SEC is involved is showing your infancy in college football.

2 hours ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

We can agree to disagree my friend. That's not the narrative by the beat writers.

Maybe you’d join the consensus view if you didn’t predicate your opinions on the drivel spewed by beat writers...

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeffkills said:

Maybe you’d join the consensus view if you didn’t predicate your opinions on the drivel spewed by beat writers...

I'm looking at the optics because all of the contracts are about to be negotiated...

Such as the LV Bowl... That's the only bowl the MWC played in that offered a 7 figure payout, and now they're looking to match the P12 with someone else.

It's why I've advocated for the new MWC to renew its Champion vs Champion series with the new CUSA. MWC needs to start getting creative, and the CUSA is similarly ranked in FB and MBB.

6. Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl – Nevada vs. Arkansas State – $206,450

5. DXL Frisco Bowl – San Diego State vs. Ohio $375,000

4. Gildan New Mexico Bowl – Utah State vs. North Texas $525,000

3. SoFi Hawaii Bowl – Hawaii vs. Louisiana Tech $500,000

2. Servpro First Responders Bowl – Boise State vs. Boston College $933,500

1. Mitsubishi Las Vegas Bowl – Fresno State vs. Arizona State $1,350,000 (only 7 figure bowl payout this year)

32 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

k-breaking-mews-io-the-nal-ch-ship-nick-

It's easy to take shots... but the fact of the matter is the MWC has stopped aiming higher.

That's why when Boise wrestled money out of the pockets of the lower tier programs, the Broncos made a huge misjudgment and diluted its membership of the vitality to command a good TV deal.

Trust me, I'd enjoy seeing Boise take aim at a big dog.

But Kustra's poker play ended up getting him sent to a much smaller table.

Boise has become Marshall.