Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Colorado State at UNLV

DATE: Wednesday, January 2
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
SITE: Tarkanian Court, Thomas & Mack Center (18,000), Las Vegas
TV: CBS Sports Network (Brent Stover, Bob Wenzel)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Robert Smith, sideline reporter: Steve Cofield)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 38-16

UNLV won the last meeting - 79-74 in Fort Collins on Jan. 20, 2018

CSU won the last game played at the Thomas & Mack Center - 69-49 on Feb. 4, 2017

UNLV is 22-5 all-time vs. CSU at home

CSU has lost three straight games and seven of eight overall

The Rams are 4-4 at home this year, 1-2 on the road and 0-2 on neutral courts

Head coach Niko Medved is in his first season at CSU and in his sixth overall as a head coach with a career record of 84-95 (.469)

UNLV is led in scoring by senior guard Kris Clyburn and sophomore guard Amauri Hardy. They are both averaging 12.4 ppg, while senior forward Shakur Juiston (10.8 ppg), who is out with a knee injury, and freshman forward Joel Ntambwe (10.5 ppg) have also averaged double figures in scoring. Juiston (8.8 rpg) and sophomore forward Mbacke Diong (6.4 rpg) have been the team’s leading rebounders. Senior guard Noah Robotham is the team’s assist leader (3.3 apg)

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,051 games played.

UNLV has posted an all-time record of 482-121 (.799) in the arena since it opened in 1983

UNLV has out-rebounded each of its first 12 opponents this season. UNLV ranks second in the country in offensive rebounds per game (16.08) and 11th in rebound margin (+9.8 per game)

Joel Ntambwe has been UNLV's leading scorer in 4 of the last 5 games

Ntambwe has been the leading rebounder in 3 of the last 4 games 

A look at CSU's game vs NMSU 

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

This will be an exciting season for MWC MBB where a n y t h I n g can and probably will happen on a given night.

Actually, outside of NV you are spot on anything could happen between 2 and 11 

Intrigued to see which UNLV team shows up. Same starters? Who plays?

This is a completely new season, with a lot on the line no doubt. 

Has this team and staff learned enough to turn it up a notch in the mwc? Can they make a statement? 

Mostly questions with very few expectations at this point. 

14 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

9 is too much - I'd tease this game with other MWC games.........move CSU to +14 or UNLV to -4 

Actually could try to middle this one with CSU +14 and UNLV -4 

12 minutes ago, slappy said:

That’s good ph.  Real good.  Just curious.  You think Unlv covers the spread?

Yes.  Point spread is right where I had it btw.

I think UNLV will have a winning conference record.  People keep blaming Menzies for playing a large lineup and struggling to defend, but that’s an excuse.  Bucknell took advantage of our mental lapses more than anything.  At most, there were five baskets where you could say that they scored because of the matchup.

43 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I think UNLV will have a winning conference record.  People keep blaming Menzies for playing a large lineup and struggling to defend, but that’s an excuse.  Bucknell took advantage of our mental lapses more than anything.  At most, there were five baskets where you could say that they scored because of the matchup.

at one time they were up by 35. rebs were totally outplayed with small ball, every coach in the conference now has the blueprint, as if they didn't already.

The blueprint to beat the Marv's Rebels is to spread the floor and drive in for a layup. He has been beat many times over the past 2.5 seasons just that way. I expect it to continue to happen on a regular basis seeing as we are yet to stop it. Then if the opponent play a few different types of zone defense it is a double whammy.

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Ok I’ll take them. 

20 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Should we lose to a hapless Rams team, I hope someone in the media asks Marv about the RP rumors in the postgame presser. 

The Rams arent hapless.  But they are often listless.