Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dancingNMSUaggie

WAC over MWC

1 hour ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

^^^^ This Olympic sports league would be even with the current MWC.

Inferior in men's basketball, massively superior in baseball and I have no idea about the other Oly sports but they're all irrelevant anyway.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:24 AM, brillio said:

So... who’s the last team from the WAC to win a tourney game again? 

The MWC decimates the WAC by taking it's best teams, the WAC has to use DII call-ups to stay afloat and you talk trash about tourney wins?

7 hours ago, PojoPops said:

The MWC decimates the WAC by taking it's best teams, the WAC has to use DII call-ups to stay afloat and you talk trash about tourney wins?

I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean.  But all I have to say is NMSU is always one and done 

10 minutes ago, brillio said:

I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean.  But all I have to say is NMSU is always one and done 

Yep...nmsu hasn't won a game in the tourney that wasn't vacated since 1970 when they won a consolation game vs St. Bonaventure.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:43 PM, slappy said:

I don’t know if even this year you have a valid argument.  And that is sad.  Let’s see how many tournament wins and $ each conference gets from March madness.  Conference strength is truly measured with that stick.  

Damn you're dumb.

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Damn you're dumb.

How to respond.  

I could act like a little sensitive girl who drives a tundra and sports a man bun.  

Or I could just laugh.   You got a long ways to go kid     

2 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

They lost to Cal Baptist last night. I'm dieing of laughter.

Oh man. That’s awesome.  We can now say that we beat the top 2 teams in the WAC as of today. Just sayin. 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:22 AM, brillio said:

Oh man. That’s awesome.  We can now say that we beat the top 2 teams in the WAC as of today. Just sayin. 

Nevada didn't beat NMSU, so you didn't beat "the top 2 teams in the WAC".  NMSU owns the WAC.  That's a fact.  You also lost to NuM, one of the wort teams in the MWC.  Paper tigers.  Just sayin.

1 hour ago, PojoPops said:

Nevada didn't beat NMSU, so you didn't beat "the top 2 teams in the WAC".  NMSU owns the WAC.  That's a fact.  You also lost to NuM, one of the wort teams in the MWC.  Paper tigers.  Just sayin.

You guys are currently 4th. 

Y’all lost to a D2 team that we beat by 35. Run along now 

7 minutes ago, brillio said:

You guys are currently 4th. 

Y’all lost to a D2 team that we beat by 35. Run along now 

You just lost by 27 to a team we beat by 35 (how is that for a coincidence).  We were up by 40+ and coach emptied his bench with 6 minutes, or it would have probably been closer to 50.  I guess cherry picking one game out of a season doesn't really make too much sense does it.  UNM isn't as bad as the NMSU game, you aren't as bad as the UNM game, and NMSU isn't as bad as the Baptist game.  

Just now, alum93 said:

You just lost by 27 to a team we beat by 35.  We were up by 40+ and coach emptied his bench with 6 minutes, or it would have probably been closer to 50.  I guess cherry picking one game out of a season doesn't really make too much sense does it.

You guys lost to st Mary’s and drake. And a D2 team. And you had to beat gcu on a prayer. You’re comparing your home game to our road game.   And you lost to a D2 team.  

Also- you lost to a D2 team. 

2 minutes ago, brillio said:

You guys lost to st Mary’s and drake. And a D2 team. And you had to beat gcu on a prayer. You’re comparing your home game to our road game.   And you lost to a D2 team.  

Also- you lost to a D2 team. 

I am saying we curb stomped a team that beat you by 27.  And UNM proceeded to lose to UNLV and CSU after beating you.  Nevada's good.  So is NMSU.  UNM is average but has talent and probably issues with guys getting on the same page on any given night, hence the ups and downs.  NMSU also lost by 3 to Kansas.  If we put it all together, our ceiling on any given night is higher than most MWC teams.  We are also capable of having a cold shooting night every once in awhile.

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

I am saying we curb stomped a team that beat you by 27.  And UNM proceeded to lose to UNLV and CSU after beating you.  Nevada's good.  So is NMSU.  UNM is average but has talent and probably issues with guys getting on the same page on any given night, hence the ups and downs.  

You don’t have a ranked number next to your name that makes every team come at you with their best game.  I’m sure we will make short work of UNM in Reno on the return game.  You also lost to a D2 team. 

5 minutes ago, brillio said:

You don’t have a ranked number next to your name that makes every team come at you with their best game.  I’m sure we will make short work of UNM in Reno on the return game.  You also lost to a D2 team. 

LOL, the old we are everybody's Super Bowl argument.  Best of luck.  You are trying way too hard to talk trash.  The 35 point win was hilarious because of the irony.  Nevada is good.  Not top 5 P5 good, but you have a decent chance again at a sweet sixteen with the right matchups.  Too bad you won't be tested very much in conference, unless you lay an egg like you did in the Pit or we did at Cal Baptist.  Yeah, yeah, i get it.  The Pit is tough.  We have won 5 games in a row against UNM.  Must be because their our Super Bowl/World Series, or something like that right?  Have fun talking with other Aggie fans.  I actually like the MWC conference and teams from out west, so i'll catch your games occasionally.  

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

LOL, the old we are everybody's Super Bowl argument.  Best of luck.  You are trying way too hard to talk trash.  The 35 point win was hilarious because of the irony.  Nevada is good.  Not top 5 P5 good, but you have a decent chance again at a sweet sixteen with the right matchups.  Too bad you won't be tested very much in conference, unless you lay an egg like you did in the Pit or we did at Cal Baptist.  Yeah, yeah, i get it.  The Pit is tough.  We have won 5 games in a row against UNM.  Have fun talking with other Aggie fans.  I actually like the MWC conference and teams from out west, so i'll catch your games occasionally.  

Hey your Aggie buds come in here talking smack, so they need to be reminded of their D2 loss.  I’ll take a unm loss with a rematch later on than a D2 loss anyday 

4 minutes ago, brillio said:

Hey your Aggie buds come in here talking smack, so they need to be reminded of their D2 loss.  I’ll take a unm loss with a rematch later on than a D2 loss anyday 

Yeah, i was just kidding you man on the 35 point loss.  Really.  You will see i rarely talk trash on this site with anyone.  You guys are good.  I love to see mid majors out west make noise.  Well, everyone except UNM.  Can't bring myself to cheer for the other in state team.  I would guess most fans feel that way.  Truth be told,  we are going to be challenged in the WAC, especially in Vegas tourney.  That GCU game was no joke. They match up really well.  I suspect others will as well.