Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Fire Dutcher!!

23 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I am only going to address one thing in this post, as I have no problem with a difference of opinion, otherwise these boards would be very boring.

I had no problem with you whatsoever, until the last few weeks when you decided to start talking down to everybody. You've decided to act like a surly ass, and that's fine, but it does come with repercussions. You don't get to play the victim when you start acting like that. And that's the thing, your change in attitude was so sudden I actually thought maybe something had happened to you. But otherwise, we all have a choice, and apparently you have made yours. And I'm sorry for that.

I can respect that.

26 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

your change in attitude was so sudden I actually thought maybe something had happened to you.

I noticed that a lot of people treat ph exactly how I treat them. Not only that, but when I started going against the group think here, several began trying to lump me in with him and treating me that way. He's wrong as much as he's right. People here love to cherry-pick one incorrect statement in a post and then pretend that youre always wrong. Making references to my sexual life and name-calling. Im not here for that.

I am not him. I dont post rainbows and hugs, I clap back. Its pretty noticeable that people get in their feelings when they get treated the way they treat him. 

I never called anyone a name or disrespected anyone until they came at me that way. I just do a much better job at it.

The SDSU team I saw play last night was the worst Aztec team to come to Boise that I’ve seen. They don’t have the front line strength or defense they used to have and their bench is young. The bench guys had that deer in the headlights look when they had to carry the load when the starters went out. 

SDSU is going nowhere this season. Dutcher would be wise to start playing his young bench a lot more to prepare for the future. If Dutcher lasts that long. 

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

:coffeecomputer: Really not saying anything different than what I said. :shrug:

Building / Rebuilding - FIsh has proven that it can be done, but 100% of coaches not named Fish have failed miserably at suds. Fish and the Fab-5 were iconic! 

Yet the reaction to what this guy said, and what I said is completely different... :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

You can't conveniently cross out  statements that don't fit your narrative.  With minor exceptions, nobody can quibble with what you say about our history. Disagreement comes with your take on our current facility situation as well as our potential as a program going forward.  As terrible as we are this year, all tickets available to the public are sold. There is a very high(95%+) renewal rate for season tickets. That is a strong foundation upon on which the program can be rebuilt. When Fisher arrived, there was literally nothing other than a really nice but empty building. It's not the same place or program now. It will in fact be an attractive job when it opens up as long as we don't let Dutcher completely immolate.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

If he is going to end up failing, I hope it happens fast and is obvious to the decision makers and influential boosters. The last thing we need is a David Rice scenario.

With that said he gets another full season before I judge him as a head coach.  The players in this program have been lacking an Aztec mental toughness which I haven’t seen since Shepard and Spencer graduated.

17 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You can't conveniently cross out  statements that don't fit your narrative.

Yes I can. I did already.

18 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It will in fact be an attractive job when it opens up as long as we don't let Dutcher completely immolate.

We shall see. Im thinking they allow Dutch to totally run this thing into the ground and then you end up with a retread looking to retire in sunny San Diego.

You are right about the ticket sales, thats another plus that has not been mentioned, but it could regress of Dutch stinks for too long.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am purchasing my ticket on this train.  Blown out by average to below-average teams frequently?  Inexcusable.

Count me in too. The 2018-2019 Aztecs suck and I no longer have any faith that Brian Dutcher is going to turn it around.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, qwelish said:

I noticed that a lot of people treat ph exactly how I treat them. Not only that, but when I started going against the group think here, several began trying to lump me in with him and treating me that way. He's wrong as much as he's right. People here love to cherry-pick one incorrect statement in a post and then pretend that youre always wrong. Making references to my sexual life and name-calling. Im not here for that.

I am not him. I dont post rainbows and hugs, I clap back. Its pretty noticeable that people get in their feelings when they get treated the way they treat him. 

I never called anyone a name or disrespected anyone until they came at me that way. I just do a much better job at it.

I've never once questioned your sexuality or otherwise demeaned you as a person.

HOWEVER, your incessant contention that because SDSU basketball was garbage prior to 1999 it will forever be garbage without Fish is just too stoopid to ignore.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

Im thinking they allow Dutch to totally run this thing into the ground and then you end up with a retread looking to retire in sunny San Diego.

Yet another totally asinine comment.

Great work, qwelish!

Boom goes the dynamite.

31 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've never once questioned your sexuality or otherwise demeaned you as a person.

HOWEVER, your incessant contention that because SDSU basketball was garbage prior to 1999 it will forever be garbage without Fish is just too stoopid to ignore.

You call it stupid, but looks pretty garbage right now, no?

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

You call it stupid, but looks pretty garbage right now, no?

So because SDSU basketball is bad now under Dutcher it will still be bad after he's replaced? :digging:

Stupid = you 

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So because SDSU basketball is bad now under Dutcher it will still be bad after he's replaced? :digging:

Stupid = you 

Why do I have to be stupid because my opinion is consistent with the historical performance of your program? What leads you to believe that anything less than an iconic, HOF coach can get results for your program? :shrug: :waiting: :foottap: 

At least I have a basis for what I am saying. You do not. Put down the pom poms.  :cheer:

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Stupid = you 

He probably thinks you'll have a string of so, so coaches, just like they did until they got Kruger. 

But those guys may have failed to upgrade over Dave Rice. That's hard to do.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

14 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He probably thinks you'll have a string of so, so coaches, just like they did until they got Kruger. 

But those guys may have failed to upgrade over Dave Rice. That's hard to do.

It could definitely happen. I think theyre going to need a perfect fit, or a HOFer. At least thats what their history shows.

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

It could definitely happen. I think theyre going to need a perfect fit, or a HOFer. At least thats what their history shows.

That's your history too. Tark, Kruger and a whole lot of garbage.

Of course they have to get a great coach to have Fish like results. So does everyone else.

Now they have the additional problem of getting a good coach who will stay put.  They got lucky with Fish. The chances of doing that again are pretty slim.

My guess is they'll get a good coach and he'll move on after a few years.  Just like when any other MW program gets a hot coach.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama