Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Fire Dutcher!!

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

That whole "coach in waiting" shit was a huge mistake.

I hope they don't pull a UNLV and wait too long to correct an error. 

SDSU has only been good under one coach. May be tough sledding for them from here on out. 

10 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

SDSU has only been good under one coach. May be tough sledding for them from here on out. 

They still have the brand and are in a desirable location.  There are plenty of up and comers who would love to have an opportunity like SDSU.

They won't  have a problem attracting a slew of good candidates.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

30 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They still have the brand and are in a desirable location.  There are plenty of up and comers who would love to have an opportunity like SDSU.

They won't  have a problem attracting a slew of good candidates.

It's a good job. Location, facilities, and good support.

I'm not one to call out coaches but tonight it became obvious that a change is necessary. 

Ditcher stubbornly refuses to play the freshmen and continues to keep Devin Watson, the worst defender to ever don an Aztec uniform on the floor.

Everyone in the building saw the same thing I did; the team is much better with Arop and N.  Mensah on the floor. The worst part is he had them out there with McD, Shakel and Hemesly and all of a sudden we looked like the Aztecs....but Dutcher couldn't help himself, he HAD to get Watson and Mitchell back on the floor and everything went to shit. 

His hapless CDR-like sideline demeanor as he watched his squad struggle on both ends of the floor without calling a TO or subbing for players obviously not performing was as pathetic as it was discouraging.

The team was not prepared to take the floor tonight. That's on the entire staff.

Worst Aztec performance I have seen in over a decade.

He needs to scrap his thought process and start over or GTFO....NOW!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

19 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I think Fresno State's loss to Utah Valley is worse than the Aztecs losing to Brown.

I think all of it is atrocious. I mean seriously look who the MW is losing to this year. 

Even though Fresno lost to UVU, that team is one of the best coached teams in the west. Fresno tonight was the worst they have been.  

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

They're losing cuz of bad scheduling.

- Said no Aztec Fan ever

Seems to me Dutcher could be a bit like Dave Rice. Great guy player's coach who can sometimes get his team to impress but twice as often has it underachieving.

Hilarious to me is how many posters on AztecMess seem impressed that probably one and done HS stud Jaden McDaniels has SDSU as one of his final five schools. That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact Jaden's big brother is in his second season on the Mesa. Yeah, as if Jaden will choose SDSU over Kentucky or Duke.

SDSU basketball isn't SDSU football. The school actually MAKES money off hoops as opposed to hoping not to go too far in the hole as is the case with its pigskin program. As such, at this juncture I'd say Dutch's chances of still being SDSU's coach in April of 2020 are only about 50-50.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

How about if you're going to be putrid?  Asking for a friend.

CSU hosts New Mexico State on Sunday.  The Rams just might steal that Putrid Moniker from our neighbors to the north.

6 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I'm not one to call out coaches but tonight it became obvious that a change is necessary. 

Ditcher stubbornly refuses to play the freshmen and continues to keep Devin Watson, the worst defender to ever don an Aztec uniform on the floor.

Everyone in the building saw the same thing I did; the team is much better with Arop and N.  Mensah on the floor. The worst part is he had them out there with McD, Shakel and Hemesly and all of a sudden we looked like the Aztecs....but Dutcher couldn't help himself, he HAD to get Watson and Mitchell back on the floor and everything went to shit. 

His hapless CDR-like sideline demeanor as he watched his squad struggle on both ends of the floor without calling a TO or subbing for players obviously not performing was as pathetic as it was discouraging.

The team was not prepared to take the floor tonight. That's on the entire staff.

Worst Aztec performance I have seen in over a decade.

He needs to scrap his thought process and start over or GTFO....NOW!

I will disagree on pulling Watson, but agree on everything else and hoped that would have been done after Maui

10 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

They're losing cuz of bad scheduling.

-Aztec Fan

Just wait until altitude gets factored in....

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I will disagree on pulling Watson, but agree on everything else and hoped that would have been done after Maui

He is a defensive liability. His positioning is just stupid and he has no idea how to close on his man. He just runs at guys like a 12 yr old in a rec league. He's hapless when victimized on a switch and ends up on a bigger athlete. His points are selfish.The worse he plays the worse his shot selection becomes. I'd bury his ass somewhere between Ed Chang and the walk-ons if he can't figure out the basics of how to play defense.

Mitchell is another one. The more I watch, the more his shortcomings on defense become apparent. He gets taken off of the bounce by just about everyone with a modicum of quickness.

We gave up 50 points...to BROWN...in one half of college basketball.  That's defense and that's effort.  Two things that actually can be coached. 

BTW: we gave up 80 points in the win against BYU with a 45 yr old dude with male pattern baldness getting to the rim at will.  Mitchell was covering him.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

12 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Stranger things have happened, SGF.  Like Nevada having a five star freshman on their roster this year.  Ya never know...

Nevada won't keep it up for long because even if you can retain your excellent coach, when you're among the huddled masses of non-power schools it's inevitable you'll be suspected of recruiting violations based on rumor and innuendo and that will reverse your progress.

I'm so convinced that's true that I'm equally convinced you therefore have to strike while the iron is hot. Nevada is very, very good this season and has a great shot at the Final Four but they need to run roughshod through the horrible Mountain West to get the highest possible seeding.

Boom goes the dynamite.