Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#6 Nevada @ Utah

Utah is terrible. We’ve lost to every team with a pulse.  I expect Nevada to win by 15.  Anything can happen and it’s in SLC but I’m not holding my breath. We will be lucky to win 15 games this year.  

The PAC is also terrible so we might get some cupcake wins.

1 hour ago, lawofthejunglenv said:

Nevada plays it's 3rd PAC-12 opponent of the season @ Utah. Utah is 5-0 at home this season and averaging about 11,000 fans per game. From Twitter it looks like a bunch of Pack fans are making the trip

https://www.lawofthejunglenv.com/18-19game13atutah.html

I dont think we've had anything close to 11k show up.  That figure is probably tickets sold.  And with Utahs Bowl game on Monday, a big chunk of our fan base wont be around.  I'm expecting a beatdown.  Utahs been awful.

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I dont think we've had anything close to 11k show up.  That figure is probably tickets sold.  And with Utahs Bowl game on Monday, a big chunk of our fan base wont be around.  I'm expecting a beatdown.  Utahs been awful.

While looking for preview articles (still yet to find any) I did find an article saying 10k-15k will be in San Diego for the bowl Monday and assumed that would be a big blow to the crowd. Hope that means I can move seats to behind our bench.

10 hours ago, lawofthejunglenv said:

While looking for preview articles (still yet to find any) I did find an article saying 10k-15k will be in San Diego for the bowl Monday and assumed that would be a big blow to the crowd. Hope that means I can move seats to behind our bench.

There will be more Ute fans than that there.. I believe the number you saw was just though the school's accounting process which doesn't account for general sales on the open market... My guess is 20-30K..

Utah hoops isn't a hot ticket, you should be able to move wherever you want.

Some interesting stats:

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/notes-wolf-pack-wont-shake-up-starting-lineup-to-fix-slow-starts

* Nevada is 0-10 all-time against Utah, its worst record against one opponent by a wide margin (the Wolf Pack’s second-worst record is 0-5 against UCLA, North Carolina and Texas Tech). Worth noting the last time Nevada and Utah played was 1987.

* Utah has won 14 consecutive non-conference home games dating to Nov. 25, 2016, a loss to then-No. 18 ranked Butler. This year, the Utes are undefeated in the Huntsman Center (5-0).

* The last time Nevada played in the Huntsman Center was the 2006 NCAA Tournament when it was upset in the first round by No. 12 seed Montana, 87-79. The coach of the Grizzlies that season was Larry Krystkowiak, who is now Utah’s coach.

* Finally, Utah is looking for its first win over a top-10 non-conference opponent since Dec. 3, 2014 when the Utes downed No. 8 Wichita State at home in overtime.

12 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

but not unlv.  what happened cuz?

we were resting our players so we can beat colorado and rhode island to go 2-1 in the diamond head classic.we were after the bigger fish.