Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Arizona Bowl

4 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

CBSSN is not CBS Sports.

It is, however, impressive that the Arizona Bowl has sold this many tickets.  For reference, the Vegas Bowl attendance was just over 37000, and that was with a P5 fanbase and a ranked red wave feelin' the fever.   Means there's some impressive local support for the bowl. 

it's all the pack fans.  we are world wide. we'd have sold even more tickets if they played the game in Portugal.  they love the pack in Portugal.    

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

it's all the pack fans.  we are world wide. we'd have sold even more tickets if they played the game in Portugal.  they love the pack in Portugal.    

go portugal 

the land of my ancestors

Nothing will be as impressive as the Kraft Bowl from the 2010 season. It was a perfect storm. 4 hour drive from Reno, California has a ton of pack alumn/fans, great record breaking team, on a weekend 8 days removed from a holiday. I think we fielded 35,000+ cheering for the pack that night out of 41,000 in attendance, it was awesome. Plus, those garlic fries at AT&T park were quite delicious.

9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Thats been a crazy game so far. Already 5 interceptions in the first half.

I'm hoping that the Pac 12 can turn around their bowl game woes. Cal has been a quietly good team this year.

EDIT: 6 interceptions. TCU's QB is 4/14, 10yards, 3 interceptions.

Cal leads 7-0 at halftime.

16 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Nothing will be as impressive as the Kraft Bowl from the 2010 season. It was a perfect storm. 4 hour drive from Reno, California has a ton of pack alumn/fans, great record breaking team, on a weekend 8 days removed from a holiday. I think we fielded 35,000+ cheering for the pack that night out of 41,000 in attendance, it was awesome. Plus, those garlic fries at AT&T park were quite delicious.

Not to mention a program-best team with a beloved program-best quarterback playing his last game. Perfect storm indeed. That was a fun night.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Not to mention a program-best team with a beloved program-best quarterback playing his last game. Perfect storm indeed. That was a fun night.

It was fun. The day before and the day of my buddies and I went to pier 39 and the USS Hornet. Both places we were running into a ton of pack fans. It was funny walking on the second floor board walk seeing one group shout WOLF!, then 100 yards away, the other group yell PACK!. Others were so blown away at how many of us were there. We may never see that again in football, but I enjoyed it immensely.

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

It was fun. The day before and the day of my buddies and I went to pier 39 and the USS Hornet. Both places we were running into a ton of pack fans. It was funny walking on the second floor board walk seeing one group shout WOLF!, then 100 yards away, the other group yell PACK!. Others were so blown away at how many of us were there. We may never see that again in football, but I enjoyed it immensely.

The pep rally at Union Square was amazing. There were so many people there and everyone was so excited. Somewhere I have a picture of it from a high floor from the St. Francis. And to see Pack fans all over the city was really a fun experience.

9 hours ago, NVGiant said:

The pep rally at Union Square was amazing. There were so many people there and everyone was so excited. Somewhere I have a picture of it from a high floor from the St. Francis. And to see Pack fans all over the city was really a fun experience.

That was pretty cool. I've got some pictures from down there, would love to see the photo from above!

Howdy everybody, I'm KEITH JACKSON and we've got a barrrrrnnnnnn-buuurrrnner coming your way from Tuscon Ariiiizzzzona......

its Arkansas State vs the University of Nevadaaaaaa.......

220px-KeithJackson.jpg

R.I.P. !

Keith Max Jackson was an American sports commentator, journalist, author and radio personality, known for his career with ABC Sports. Wikipedia

Born: October 18, 1928, Roopville, GA
Died: January 12, 2018, Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA
Years of service: 1946–1950

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

AZ bowl not good enough to be considered for the picks during ESPN game day. 

Oh well.  ESPN doesn’t think the G5 exists.   Plus this is one of the very few games ESPN doesn’t control so I don’t see them putting much effort into promoting it. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Looks like Arkansas State is going to receive. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater