Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

Sleepers

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

One of Boise’s biggest ever signees and 4* CB could go that route. Jermani Brown still hasn’t seen the field after two years.

I don’t think DSG was that big of a bust. Good for a true freshman. Then injured for season as true soph. Then 29 tackles and a pick in the six games he played as a R-So. 

I think he only forced one turnover in the 2.5 seasons he was here. Not even an all conference type player. His supposed NFL type athleticism went unnoticed on the field. 

18 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

One of Boise’s biggest ever signees and 4* CB could go that route. Jermani Brown still hasn’t seen the field after two years.

I don’t think DSG was that big of a bust. Good for a true freshman. Then injured for season as true soph. Then 29 tackles and a pick in the six games he played as a R-So. 

He left the team. That's one of the issues with those high rated recruits. If they don't see the PT they feel they deserve early, they often leave. He couldn't break into the 2-deep.

Back to Sleepers...

I'd say Boise got a good one in Ben Dooley, a 6'-5" 285 pound offensive tackle.  He hasn't really been mentioned much, but he's super athletic (Nevada wrestling state champion) and I'm predicting big things from him on the OL.

Austin Kirksey, QB from Georgia.  Nevada was by far his highest offer  I can see him doing special things as soon as next fall, if his highlight reel is any indication.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, kingpotato said:

He left the team. That's one of the issues with those high rated recruits. If they don't see the PT they feel they deserve early, they often leave. He couldn't break into the 2-deep.

Was Lee Hightower kicked off or told to leave?

Brookshire the JC QB we brought in is going to be the best QB in 10 years I think.a good arm can really run. ratings are 90% hype he is an example a 7800 at 247 a three star at Rivals.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Christian Hunter (RB) for CSU could very well be the biggest sleeper we've seen in some time.  Our lowest ranked recruit (247) ran for 3,839 yds and 55 TD's his senior season.  Kind of under the radar as he was just a little over 400 yds in his Jr. season, where he primarily played CB.  Not totally under the radar as SDSU, Wyo, and BYU all offered but certainly not the offer list you'd expect with that kind of production.  He should be a blast to watch if we can find an O-line.