Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV vs Hawaii - Diamond Head Classic

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Robo DAGGER!!!!

He should give UNLV fans the SHHHHHHHHHHHH Finger....

He's too inconsistent for that.

He should learn how to drive and draw fouls to use that nice FT shooting... He has 16 FT's all year...8 TONIGHT.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, BestintheWest said:

He's too inconsistent for that.

He should learn how to drive and draw fouls to use that nice FT shooting... He has 16 FT's all year...8 TONIGHT.

There's a lot of things he can do a LOT better BITW.... Thats not who he is as a player.

He's heady, and steady. That's it. He'd be an all world BACK up point guard.

Unfortunately he's starting for UNLV this year. hahahaha

Some real good fight that 2nd half after that terrible stretch in 2nd half.

The growth continues.

Ntambwe another 17 and 11. A nice 7 and 9 for JTT in replacement of Juice.

Just now, BestintheWest said:

Ntambwe another 17 and 11. A nice 7 and 9 for JTT in replacement of Juice.

Can someone post a BOX SCORE, please?

JTT was all over the Offensive boards. He played like a man but lots of room for growth. 

I cant wait to get those freshman guards in here and for Robo to graduate so Marvin cant play him over them.... haha

1 minute ago, Amaru523 said:

Indiana St. next. Unfortunately they only played SJSU in the challenge. They "upset" Colorado, but other than that they have no other eye opening wins. I think we can take them.

I watched some of that game. They are tiny and shoot a ton of 3's. Tailor made for UNLV to put it on them. 

It does worry me that Hawaii plays slow, and that Indiana State plays fast. 3 point teams that play fast are never out of games. They had solid guard play but again, their team looked tiny. 

Rebs defend the 3 pt line and they can win this game without it being a nail biter.

Indiana State is a better team than Hawaii, though. UNLV should win, but I stop just short of calling it a gimmie game.

5 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Indiana St. next. Unfortunately they only played SJSU in the challenge. They "upset" Colorado, but other than that they have no other eye opening wins. I think we can take them.

The best benefit from winning this game is that we play better teams as we move on to the next 2 games. Tougher competition and we'll be tougher moving into conference play.

1 minute ago, Amaru523 said:

#1 3 point shooting team in the country, but they don't attempt that many...so it's weird.

In fact only 24.5% of their FGs are from 3.....which is 2nd to LAST of all D1 teams.

14 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

#1 3 point shooting team in the country, but they don't attempt that many...so it's weird.

That could give insight as to why they are #1 in the country.  They only take high quality shots.  Maybe they wouldn’t even be close to #1 if they took a bunch more.

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

They shot a lot in the 1st half vs Colo. They take high quality shots, play fast and are undersized. They play like a lot of MWC teams that play 3 and 4 guards. 

This is a good test for conference.

One thing I liked is that we played big and still chased shooters off the three point line.

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
J. NtambweF 34 6-15 1-6 4-5 2 9 11 2 0 1 3 4 17
N. RobothamG 36 3-9 3-7 7-8 1 1 2 5 0 0 6 0 16
K. ClyburnG 34 6-12 3-6 2-4 2 3 5 0 0 0 2 2 17
J. T. Tchatchoua 30 3-5 0-1 1-1 5 4 9 0 1 1 2 4 7
M. Diong 23 1-5 0-0 1-2 2 8 10 0 0 1 2 3 3
BENCH MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
B. Coupet Jr.F 5 0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0
B. HamiltonG 9 1-2 0-0 0-0 1 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 2
A. HardyG 29 4-7 2-3 1-1 1 1 2 2 0 0 3 1 11
TEAM   24-56 9-24 16-21 15 29 44 10 1 4 18 16 73
    42.9% 37.5% 76.2%