UNLV2001

UNLV vs Hawaii - Diamond Head Classic

Just now, ph90702 said:

When did I say he was a good defender.  You said that the 2014 class was bad if Robotham won NV player of the year, and I mentioned that Findlay Prep can’t get it.

You said he was getting minutes because of his defense in previous games.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

We have pretty good defenders. Robotham is a liability offensively. He isn't aggressive down lanes, his passing and decision making is super suspect and he's a subpar shooter.

I'd rather Hardy or Ntambwe even, pushing the ball up the floor.

He's definitely a band aid and a security blanket for Marvin. He takes better care of the ball than everyone else combined. Coaches tend to love that over just about everything else.

So i'd get used to seeing him play a lot unless he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, rebelcuff said:

You said he was getting minutes because of his defense in previous games.

He's also called him a phenomenal passer and facilitator or offense, which is realllllly reaching.

41 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

we are pretty deep.our third 7 footer can shoot from deep.

Need to bring in Hulland and let him launch threes.  God knows no one else can make an open jumper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

There you go again Robotham lets his guy blow past him.

Trust me.  I’m not sold on Robotham at all.  He’s only here because of the circumstances.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

The seat will get a little hotter if Marvin blows this.

32 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I still think UNLV pulls this game out and cruises down the stretch.

Okay, coach.

LOL. wasnt even a foul.

Shot clock is our friend. Hardy, or Ntambwe time.

Indiana State next game. They are a tiny team that shoots a ton of 3's.

That will be a W for UNLV. 3-0 in last 3 games when people here were saying UNLV would not win another game before conference. 

I really wish Amauri would learn how to properly set up a pocket pass or just stop trying to throw them. 

It's like an automatic turnover every time.

24 minutes ago, qwelish said:

It's not that he is a great or even good individual defender. It's that he understands principles of team defense much better than guys like Hardy, Woodbury and Hamilton. The "team" defends a lot better as a unit when he is on the floor and it shows up in the stats. 

It's another level of basketball understanding. You dont seem to get it.

Study up.

I think it says more about stats being flawed and not telling the whole story.

The old fashioned eye test still has some use in these analytical times, they clearly reveal he is a turnstile!

Here comes the 6th man. The refs! 

Bogus travel call. Followed by a phantom foul call for a 1 n 1.....

Not liking the clock management since the 5 minute mark. They're just holding the ball until the 8 second mark and then taking a terrible shot. How about we just play basketball and extend the lead?

• Like 3

Just now, Amaru523 said:

Not liking the clock management since the 5 minute mark. They're just holding the ball until the 8 second mark and then taking a terrible shot. How about we just play basketball and extend the lead?

Robotham ran down. Sat on ball for 2 possessions. I knew we were in trouble.

Just now, Amaru523 said:

I hate that more than anything, I don’t care who is doing it.. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Amaru523 said:

Agreed

At least Robo is hitting his FT tonight, that is honestly encouraging as he was arount 50 percent before this game but 6-6 today

Just now, VincentVegaBond said:

I think it says more about stats being flawed and not telling the whole story.

The old fashioned eye test still has some use in these analytical times, they clearly reveal he is a turnstile!

Nope. I dont love Robo, but he is steady. People sometimes hate steady and heady. That is Robo. He has nailed clutch FT's all 2nd half. You guys act like he hasnt scored. 

He's in the right place at the right times. He sees ball, you, man. He talks and gets his team mates into position. He doesnt do a ton of fouling and putting his man on the line.

Those all make him solid as a defender. You guys only see individual defense, where he's not great. But there is more to 5 on 5 basketball than that. 

It's funny you guys dont talk about any other basketball defensive principles other than stay in front.