Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV vs Hawaii - Diamond Head Classic

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

We have pretty good defenders. Robotham is a liability offensively. He isn't aggressive down lanes, his passing and decision making is super suspect and he's a subpar shooter.

I'd rather Hardy or Ntambwe even, pushing the ball up the floor.

He's definitely a band aid and a security blanket for Marvin. He takes better care of the ball than everyone else combined. Coaches tend to love that over just about everything else.

So i'd get used to seeing him play a lot unless he gets hurt.

24 minutes ago, qwelish said:

It's not that he is a great or even good individual defender. It's that he understands principles of team defense much better than guys like Hardy, Woodbury and Hamilton. The "team" defends a lot better as a unit when he is on the floor and it shows up in the stats. 

It's another level of basketball understanding. You dont seem to get it.

Study up.

I think it says more about stats being flawed and not telling the whole story.

The old fashioned eye test still has some use in these analytical times, they clearly reveal he is a turnstile!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Not liking the clock management since the 5 minute mark. They're just holding the ball until the 8 second mark and then taking a terrible shot. How about we just play basketball and extend the lead?

Just now, Amaru523 said:

Not liking the clock management since the 5 minute mark. They're just holding the ball until the 8 second mark and then taking a terrible shot. How about we just play basketball and extend the lead?

Robotham ran down. Sat on ball for 2 possessions. I knew we were in trouble.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, Amaru523 said:

I hate that more than anything, I don’t care who is doing it.. 

Just now, VincentVegaBond said:

I think it says more about stats being flawed and not telling the whole story.

The old fashioned eye test still has some use in these analytical times, they clearly reveal he is a turnstile!

Nope. I dont love Robo, but he is steady. People sometimes hate steady and heady. That is Robo. He has nailed clutch FT's all 2nd half. You guys act like he hasnt scored. 

He's in the right place at the right times. He sees ball, you, man. He talks and gets his team mates into position. He doesnt do a ton of fouling and putting his man on the line.

Those all make him solid as a defender. You guys only see individual defense, where he's not great. But there is more to 5 on 5 basketball than that. 

It's funny you guys dont talk about any other basketball defensive principles other than stay in front.

6 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Clock management not an issues. Clock is our friend. Dumb turnovers are the issue.