Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV vs Hawaii - Diamond Head Classic

Robo is #2 on the team in defensive win shares and defensive efficiency. He does have some really ugly turnovers, but he also leads the team in assists and assist to turnover ratio. 

So theres that.

I am not defending him as a player, just as an option on this team only.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Hannan played 18 mpg. Im putting him at the top. Also Uche Ofegbu was pretty bad too. I know he played. 

I actually agree that Booker might be better.

Holy crap!!!! Forgot Hannan played that much... yikes!

Big 3 there by Robo (at least)... but cmon Clyburn make your FT bro!!!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

4 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

PH if you really believe that Robotham is a good defender you really have no clue.

It's not that he is a great or even good individual defender. It's that he understands principles of team defense much better than guys like Hardy, Woodbury and Hamilton. The "team" defends a lot better as a unit when he is on the floor and it shows up in the stats. 

It's another level of basketball understanding. You dont seem to get it.

Study up.

Just now, qwelish said:

It's not that he is a great or even good individual defender. It's that he understands principles of team defense much better than guys like Hardy, Woodbury and Hamilton. The "team" defends a lot better as a unit when he is on the floor and it shows up in the stats. 

It's another level of basketball understanding. You dont seem to get it.

Study up.

I played at a much higher level and coached then most people.He can't keep guys in front of him.

Just now, rebelcuff said:

I played at a much higher level and coached then most people.He can't keep guys in front of him.

Basketball is a team sport. The team defends much better when he is in.

Not sure what else to tell you. 

We’re our own worst +++++ing enemies.  WTH is wrong with Avea that he can’t sink a one foot shot from right under the rim?  Purchase and Stansberry who are usually reliable three point shooters when left wide open can’t hit hit the side of a barn.  Then there’s the 50% free throw shooting.  Yes UNLV has more athleticism and talent but these are self-inflicted wounds.

6 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

He certainly isn't our most talented player, but Clyburn has been my favorite player on this year's team. Love his hustle, irrational confidence, growth and contributions across the board!

Not my favorite player by far, but you are right about his hustle, irrational confidence, growth and contributions across the board. 

His year to year growth gives me great hope for the younger players on this team and in Menzies as a developer of plyaers individual talent.

13 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

PH if you really believe that Robotham is a good defender you really have no clue.

When did I say he was a good defender.  You said that the 2014 class was bad if Robotham won NV player of the year, and I mentioned that Findlay Prep can’t get it.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Basketball is a team sport. The team defends much better when he is in.

Not sure what else to tell you. 

We have pretty good defenders. Robotham is a liability offensively. He isn't aggressive down lanes, his passing and decision making is super suspect and he's a subpar shooter.

I'd rather Hardy or Ntambwe even, pushing the ball up the floor.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, ph90702 said:

When did I say he was a good defender.  You said that the 2014 class was bad if Robotham won NV player of the year, and I mentioned that Findlay Prep can’t get it.

You said he was getting minutes because of his defense in previous games.