Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#6 Nevada vs Akron Game Thread

2 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Maybe it’s just me but since Arizona State, Nevada just isn’t interesting to watch and his bench usage is becoming non existent. I highly doubt Nevada goes undefeated and playing like this, they will lose 4-6 games in conference.

Lol

13 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Maybe it’s just me but since Arizona State, Nevada just isn’t interesting to watch and his bench usage is becoming non existent. I highly doubt Nevada goes undefeated and playing like this, they will lose 4-6 games in conference.

I knew he wasn’t going to utilize the bench.  Why would you think otherwise?

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I knew he wasn’t going to utilize the bench.  Why would you think otherwise?

Musselman puckers up when the games are close and only plays the guys he has confidence in. He doesn’t want some bench dude blowing it. Porter should be playing more unless his diabetes condition is keeping him on the bench. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

They’re playing grandma got runover by a reindeer in the arena. We have no shame @BSUTOP25 @4UNLV

Met the guy who wrote the song. Before I moved from Reno , he and a guy named Rick Sparks ( who I took guitar lessons from) played at a  Christmas party I was invited too.

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Met the guy who wrote the song. Before I moved from Reno , he and a guy named Rick Sparks ( who I took guitar lessons from) played at a  Christmas party I was invited too.

That’s fitting as well :lol: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Jazz and Jordan Brown are the only bench he has, really..Nis and Henson would not be playing much on any MW team..

This team is going through the doldrums offensively but they are becoming very gritty and determined on defense..

Ugly wins count just as much as pretty ones..

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Musselman puckers up when the games are close and only plays the guys he has confidence in. He doesn’t want some bench dude blowing it. Porter should be playing more unless his diabetes condition is keeping him on the bench. 

I think the formula is working just fine. Ugly wins in December are par for the course.  Our best basketball needs to be played in late February and March. 

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

He should be able to use his bench a lot in conference play. 

Based on what the rest of the conference has shown so far I'd agree with you.

But conference play will probably show the teams that have sucked during non con play will start playing competitive ball. 

So , I'm not counting on a lot of minutes for our second team all conference guys getting much playing time.

12 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Jazz and Jordan Brown are the only bench he has, really..Nis and Henson would not be playing much on any MW team..

This team is going through the doldrums offensively but they are becoming very gritty and determined on defense..

Ugly wins count just as much as pretty ones..

Much like last years team . Gritty as hell. 

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Much like last years team . Gritty as hell. 

Not all wins are pretty, Akron played a tough game and don't forget Nevada went 0 for 11 from three to start the first half.Stuff happens, but the end result is 12&0.

Offense is struggling but this is the best defensive team I have ever seen the Pack have..Rankings don't mean much at this juncture but the Pack has defeated all comers so far.

Nevada had a very solid team last year and they lost 3 conference games and another in the tourney..I think they have a good chance at 15 and 3 this year..