Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

Frisco Bowl Game Thread

11 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

3-5 record?

He publicly stated he realized he had to care about non-con and bowl games after the Navy loss in the P-Bowl (which he essentially retired Bob Toledo). He is 2-2 since.  I can forgive last year vs Army since our offense scored so quick our defense couldn't recover.  Not really his fault.  Tonight is just the kill shot to what was an odd year and things do need to change.  But again, this wasn't Rocky in and of itself.  We lost to UNLV, Hawaii and Nevada before this.  We obviously fell off a cliff. 

To be beaten like this though...

20 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

3-5 record?

Its not as if the team didn't "show up" last year. Army could not stop us, and we could not stop them. Did we not show up against Houston in 2016? How about Cinci in 2015?

We got our asses kicked by a team that was better and more physical. No point in saying we "didn't show up." Ohio beat us. Good program. 

I am glad this season is over.

1 minute ago, Lobo Amor said:

Just got home from Church, I guess I should have prayed for the aztecs. What happened tonight?

Ohio was prepared for the simplistic offense of SDSU.  ANd their OL was big and physical and dominated the Aztec DL.

This was a rough day for the Aztecs.  They failed to score against a middle of the road MAC team and their recruiting class is the worst rated one I've ever seen in San Diego.  I don't put a lot of stock in recruiting rankings, but the experts don't like Long's class.