Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Fresno, Boise, San Diego St Fans: let's talk 2019 QBs

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

This seems like someone you'd be interested in:

"Winner: Boise State The Broncos are working one of the best classes in non-power-conference history. They’ve already inked three blue-chips, which is three more than the entire rest of the Group of 5 combined. One of those is a pro-style QB from California, Hank Bachmeier, who seems like he could be the latest Boise QB to spend three or four years running up big totals on the blue turf. Another, Austin Griffin, is the best tight end coming out of the junior college ranks, and he should help the Broncos immediately."

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2018/12/20/18148087/early-national-signing-day-period-results-winners?__twitter_impression=true

Don't shoot the messenger.

LOL, the messenger might as well be the message maker, you believe anything that spins donk u in a positive light. Reality be damned.

Lets be real, Harsin’s best year was with CP’s recruits and as they filtered out, the donks have become average even with higher recruiting rankings.

The dude is tossing his hat into almost every coaching search out there, but ain’t getting the call. And you think the same group of players from this last season will do better next season? Same crap you were telling us at this time last year.

LOL...keep preaching messenger. Jonestown seems to have been relocated to Boise.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Dogs4Me said:

17 quarters and all 44 of the donk returners still couldn’t win the game that counted. Using a RB that didn’t know which huddle he should be in and a senior all world, record setting QB...

Same song as last year, the year before, and the year before...Harsin can’t get it done with his guys.

Seems like Harsin got it done last year.  You're putting a lot of stock on a 3-point win in OT.  Most rational fans would say Fresno and Boise are basically even over the last two years.  Tedford's done a tremendous job.

33 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Seems like Harsin got it done last year.  You're putting a lot of stock on a 3-point win in OT.  Most rational fans would say Fresno and Boise are basically even over the last two years.  Tedford's done a tremendous job.

You're barking up the wrong tree. He doesn't talk football and is objectivity averse. 

On 12/19/2018 at 4:56 PM, fanhood said:

How do you know Baker and Sanchez suck?

I already explained myself and the answer is a combination of factors: mainly watching video of their HS work, almost total lack of other offers and practice reports. On the latter point, AztecSportsReport is now almost defunct because they can't find anyone willing to take it over due to the paucity of revenue as a result of fans being unwilling or unable to shell out what for most of us is a paltry $99 per year. I don't recall you ever subscribing nor do I know your financial situation so I'm not trying to single you out but since you haven't subscribed you would not have read Ruben's reports from when he was still operating that board diligently but he used to attend virtually every practice and was never impressed with either Baker or Sanchez.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, Broncos4Ever said:

I do agree with you, but how many donk fans were telling FS fans last year how the donks were superior. Just figured I’d have some fun with it because queentater gets all spun up if you don’t agree with his Jonestown views of donk football.

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

You're barking up the wrong tree. He doesn't talk football and is objectivity averse. 

Objectivity averse...that’s rich irony right there. Thanks for playing, cupcake.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I already explained myself and the answer is a combination of factors: mainly watching video of their HS work, almost total lack of other offers and practice reports. On the latter point, AztecSportsReport is now almost defunct because they can't find anyone willing to take it over due to the paucity of revenue as a result of fans being unwilling or unable to shell out what for most of us is a paltry $99 per year. I don't recall you ever subscribing nor do I know your financial situation so I'm not trying to single you out but since you haven't subscribed you would not have read Ruben's reports from when he was still operating that board diligently but he used to attend virtually every practice and was never impressed with either Baker or Sanchez.

I don't pay for content. No point. There is content everywhere. Furthermore, my Aztec hobby is a distraction enough. 

Regarding Baker and Sanchez, I will take your word for it. However, the "other offer" criteria is always dubious. There are a handful of QBs ever year that star for teams, but were lightly recruited. It's just about finding and developing them.

Rocky is bringing in a grad transfer to compete with Agnew.dont care about four-star stuff ie Blake Barnett and many others.some work out some don't.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On 12/18/2018 at 6:50 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

One of the best, if not the best, SoCal HS Programs for QB development. That said, SoCal NOT LoCAl!

Who else aside POB came out of San Juan Hills? He's their only D1 QB in program history. There are several schools near SJH that produce far more D1 QBs like Mission Viejo and San Clemente...hell, even El Toro. 

On 12/19/2018 at 2:24 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agnew starting is SATISFACTORY. The guy immediately behind Agnew is UNsatisfactory, the third stringer doesn't have FBS skills and although I think the Seattle kid who signed today is a diamond in the rough, unless he can enroll immediately and participate in spring practice, the chances of him being able to contribute in 2019 are slim and none.

So unlike some (not you), I refuse to blow smoke up people's asses. In the aggregate, unless somebody else is brought in, SDSU quarterbacking next year will be of D+ caliber.

I'd say he's slightly below that. The guy makes some terrible decisions with the ball under pressure. He's lucky he's fast on his feet, otherwise, those glaring throwing errors multiply.