Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProprietyofLeyluken

RPI #15 Ranking: Is this a League Record for the MWC? (A10 is #14)

Someone who constantly has to brag about their IQ is compensating for short comings in other areas. And also, I am beginning to highly doubt the length of your intellectual pecker. The second you throw out that damn IQ you lose credibility in an arguement. You shouldn't have to brag. The results should be evident that you know better, but they aren't, and that pisses you off because we call you on it. And from this point forward I suggest you drop using your autism as a crutch and excuse for being a douche and saying down low dickish things. It's offensive to others that also have issues. I have social idiocy and irregularities too. Do you see me blaming it on a medical condition? Do you see me blaming it on my OCD or my own mild case of autism? NO. Grow the +++++ up and take responsibility. And quit throwing temper tantrums

7 hours ago, Lobonado said:

The MWC will only be relevant again once UNM, UNLV, and SDSU improve. Bad coaching hires have been killer. If Nevada can stay good and the "big 3" wake up then this can actually be a good conference.

There is no Big 3 anymore. The chances of those 3 being the top 3 on a consistent basis, is pretty slim, IMO.

The new coaches are unproven and aren't exactly lighting it up.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

There is no Big 3 anymore. The chances of those 3 being the top 3 on a consistent basis, is pretty slim, IMO.

The new coaches are unproven and aren't exactly lighting it up.

New Mexico State has to feel like they made out like bandits.

NMSU has Chris Jans... and now UNLV has Menzies and UNM has Weir.

1200px-New_Mexico_State_Aggies_logo.svg.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

MAybe it's NMSU's culture, administration, etc. that makes the coach? Just saying

That is a big part of it.  When Jans came on board, he said it was a unique situation in that it was not a rebuild, but rather continuing a winning tradition.  That being said, I cannot be happier that we have Jans and that Menzies and Weird are gone.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

So whose fault is it she got knocked up and had to raise two kids by herself?

Fault? Fault has nothing to do with it. 

The Martin twins are awesome people raised by a mother who worked her ass off to raise those kids right. Neither she nor they deserve to be shit on by an Internet troll who is loathed on here almost as much as women apparently loathe him in real life. Stick to basketball.

I am amazed how many posters ooze out from under their rocks to post here.

Wow, this thread has really degenerated from the twins recent poor perimeter shooting to attacks on their mother and their upbringing. Ridiculous. Those two kids are what makes college basketball fun to watch. Extremely competitive that play the game the way it was meant to be played. And as far as I can see classy kids that display good sportsmanship. That says a lot about who and how they were raised. 

It should be noted that the Martin's mom, Jenny has 3 sons.  Cody and Caleb's older brother is a college graduate who is now a coach.  Cody and Caleb are college graduates..It is not always where you start but where you end up.  Jenny has raised fine sons despite tough circumstances..She is a full on hero in my book.  

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Take off your homer glasses. And mussalman acts like a miniature chimpanzee on the sidelines. Objectively, Nevada is not a likable team.

As stated above, I’m not a UNR fan, but I can appreciate great competitive athletes like the Martin twins who came from very humble beginnings. I don’t understand the reasons behind attacking these kids and their mother.

Now Musselman, that’s a whole different subject. I find him more amusing than anything. Despite his shenanigans the guy has proven he is a very good coach. 

17 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The twins have uncharacteristically been shooting poorly from the perimeter. When they warm up, and they will, zone defenses won’t be as effective. 

Actually, Cody is shooting almost the same % as last year.

Caleb on the other hand "garbage".  And he's taking too many 3's; last year 50% of his shots were 3's, this year 67%, not good.

17 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Maybe they shouldn’t have learned to shoot in a trailer park.  Shooting motion is unfixable.

A hoop is a hoop. They all measure 10 feet..... Genius. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

34 minutes ago, Bob said:

Take off your homer glasses. And mussalman acts like a miniature chimpanzee on the sidelines. Objectively, Nevada is not a likable team.

Are you saying your personal feelings have not impacted your opinion of Nevada and coach Muss? I highly doubt that.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

57 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Actually, Cody is shooting almost the same % as last year.

Caleb on the other hand "garbage".  And he's taking too many 3's; last year 50% of his shots were 3's, this year 67%, not good.

I looked up the same numbers and was going to make a similar post. I imagine the zone and sagging man defenses have contributed to the increase in his 3PA, but  I think him getting that number under 60% would probably be a good thing. 

It seems most teams are playing zone against the Pack which makes getting to the basket a lot more difficult. In addition, most teams know Nevada likes to run and get into an open floor situation where they again can get to the hoop. Thus, teams are getting back on defense faster. 

Which all translates to a lot more three point shots. Musselman could counter by playing a high low post scheme which will get more shots inside the key, and cause defenses to sag creating more open perimeter looks. 

South Dakota State didn't actually play a zone..The played man to man but collapsed into the key.  That's why Nevada was jacking so many 3's.. Most of them were wide open and the lads just plain missed them.  Not having Jazz hurt a lot.  Still, it is good to see the Pack find ways to win when they aren't shooting well..  The Pack defense in the 2nd half was fabulous..

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

It should be noted that the Martin's mom, Jenny has 3 sons.  Cody and Caleb's older brother is a college graduate who is now a coach.  Cody and Caleb are college graduates..It is not always where you start but where you end up.  Jenny has raised fine sons despite tough circumstances..She is a full on hero in my book.  

Best post of the year right here.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:35 PM, Lobonado said:

The MWC will only be relevant again once UNM, UNLV, and SDSU improve. Bad coaching hires have been killer. If Nevada can stay good and the "big 3" wake up then this can actually be a good conference.

So, yeah, this is an incredibly self serving post.  UNM has never been past the sweet 16 and has not made the sweet 16 round in almost half a century.  But yet, to you, that is a "big" deal.