Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

SJSU wins!

11 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Really? 

Yeah. They won.  Were down 10 at the half. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

A one point loss to Southern Fresno St (CSU Bako) and a two-point loss Central has us at 3-6. That close to being 5-4. And having a winning record!

10 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

They may have beat a 2-5 Big Sky team! I have been rooting for them which is why I watch all of their games, hoping they belong. They are absolutely terrible in basketball. They belong in the Big Sky, not MW. They won't win another game. 

I have watched some of the games and I agree that it a hard team to watch. This two-game win streak is the kind of momentum that builds confidence.

Beat the teams you're supposed to beat and it starts an upward trend. That why I wish they had won the games versus CSUB and CMU. Had that happened, I think we'd be seeing a more competent and confident team. There's 20 more games to play, let's see how the Spartans finish. 

1 minute ago, RampageSam said:

I have watched some of the games and I agree that it a hard team to watch. This two-game win streak is the kind of momentum that builds confidence.

Beat the teams you're supposed to beat and it starts an upward trend. That why I wish they had won the games versus CSUB and CMU. Had that happened, I think we'd be seeing a more competent and confident team. There's 20 more games to play, let's see how the Spartans finish. 

I hear you. I have been rooting for this team. Buuuutttttt........

Losses to:

Big Sky SUU

Big Sky WSU

WAC CSUB

MAC CMU

WCC SC

MVC INSU

and barely beating another Big Sky NAU and a MEAC. 

There are no big conference wins there. SJSU brings down this conference. Is the MW supposed to be achieving parity with P5 or being happy to beat the smaller conferences? SJSU is 1-3 with the Big Sky. With their schedule, they don't win another game even with how crappy the MW is this year. 

19 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

I hear you. I have been rooting for this team. Buuuutttttt........

Losses to:

Big Sky SUU

Big Sky WSU

WAC CSUB

MAC CMU

WCC SC

MVC INSU

and barely beating another Big Sky NAU and a MEAC. 

There are no big conference wins there. SJSU brings down this conference. Is the MW supposed to be achieving parity with P5 or being happy to beat the smaller conferences? SJSU is 1-3 with the Big Sky. With their schedule, they don't win another game even with how crappy the MW is this year. 

Clearly we want a strong RPI for the conference, but other than Nevada and USU winning, what big non-conference wins have there been? Granted SJSU's losses dont help RPI. This season, the low RPI won't be on SJSU alone. 

Based on what I've witnessed so far, this coach was a mistake to hire. The team appears to lack the fundamentals. I didn't watch tonight's game, but the victory over BCU was an ugly one. The misexecution of Xs and OS is apparent

14 hours ago, mugtang said:

Beat NAU!

We lost to Bakersfield by one point and to Central Michigan by two points, so this little win streak means something. But it's all up hill from now on with Stanford, Cal and St. Mary's to finish out December. And then the MWC schedule begins. SJSU is 3-6 so far and will be lucky to finish with 4 wins to equal last seasons total.