Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

godogsgo

Poll for Fresno State fans

Poll for Fresno State fans  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following was the most important accomplishment of the 2018 Fresno State football team?

• Defeating San Diego State
    • Defeating San Jose State
    • Beating Boise State on the blue
    • MWC conference championship
    • Defeating two PAC teams in a season
    • First ever 12 win season

Please vote only if you're a FS fan.  What stands out the most now that the season is over?

My vote went to beating Boise on the blue.  Note that I'm specifically differentiating that from the actual conf championship itself.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Beating Boise on the blue is definitely #1 in my opinion. Pat Hill tried and couldn't get it done, DeRuyter tried and couldn't get it done, Tedford beats Boise in the regular season in his first season and then beats them in the championship game in his second. Overall this has been a dream season for us Bulldog fans that I never would have thought would be possible given our circumstances 2 years ago. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

It's all about the championship. That's always your goal. If we had won the championship without beating Boise on the blue, I would still have been very thrilled. But if we had beaten Boise in Boise without winning the championship, I would be disappointed.

You need to add an option for “not a Fresno fan but I have to vote in a poll”. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

it's boise. curb-stomping UCLA was sweet, and the vegas bowl was possibly the most fun i've had at any sporting event ever, but nothing compared to boise.  nothing.  I was out there at the duncan athletic building at +++++in 1 am when the team came back from the airport.

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

You need to add an option for “not a Fresno fan but I have to vote in a poll”. 

You just want more clicks. You greedy bastage!

San Jose State

It has to be the MWC championship. I mean our goal (and any little 5 team) is to become "the next Boise". To do that you have to win a ton of conference champ games. Plus other goals (access bowl, beating Boise, beating Pac-12 teams, 10+ win seasons, ect) are obviously going to naturally come with winning conference championships.

Right now Fresno has had a great 2 year run. The question is will we turn the corner and become a legit top 30 program (as Boise has done) or is this just a flash in the pan and we fall back to be a "good" MW team but not an elite little 5 school. 

14 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

it's boise. curb-stomping UCLA was sweet, and the vegas bowl was possibly the most fun i've had at any sporting event ever, but nothing compared to boise.  nothing.  I was out there at the duncan athletic building at +++++in 1 am when the team came back from the airport.

It had to be beating boise at boise for the CCG for it to be the highlight, so there are a couple things wrapped up in one, but I agree

Didn’t realize Boise meant that much to dog fans. If that was Aztec schedule, I’m sure 90% of us would say the UCLA win, regardless of what their record was.

Ok. As a long time fan, i had a sense it would be Boise.  The blue has been that much of a boogeyman to fresno.  Respect to boise....always a tough team that brings their game. Somehow boise magic is even worse at home. 

San Jose State

2 hours ago, godogsgo said:

And, to be clear, for me....beating PAC teams is always up there. Possibly #2 to me on this list. 

Just think if we beat USC in the opener next year then that makes 1/4 of the PAC 12 our bitch in just under 2 years. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg