Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

The Las Vegas Raiders at....Mackay Stadium?

With Oakland and the Raider's relationship deteriorating, it looks like Mackay Stadium is in the running to host the Raiders next year. It could work. Rent would be cheap, plus it's in proximity to their fanbase and not alot of seats to fill. It also wouldn't hurt to build a fanbase in Northern Nevada---but security would be a nightmare at an open-ended stadium. 

Other possibilities include Levi Stadium, but the Niners and Raiders don't get along. and the rent would be astronomical. They can't stay in Oakland because they're raising the rent, and they would just be funding the city of Oakland's lawsuit against the Raiders/NFL if they stayed. San Antonio and Stanford were also names mentioned as well. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

5 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Just curious. What and how much would it take to get Sam Boyd to an acceptable level for the NFL to even consider using that location?

They said yesterday about $5 mil to get the locker rooms up to par. There were other things that would need attention as well. But someone had a good point.. when they come to Vegas they are going to want to debut in grand style, in their brand new stadium. Because, showtime, Vegas style. 

San Diego is also being considered. 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

They said yesterday about $5 mil to get the locker rooms up to par. There were other things that would need attention as well. But someone had a good point.. when they come to Vegas they are going to want to debut in grand style, in their brand new stadium. Because, showtime, Vegas style. 

That makes sense. I never considered that

20 minutes ago, packNV said:

Mackay is not suitable for an NFL game.  I would be shocked if the decided to play there. 

9 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Just curious. What and how much would it take to get Sam Boyd to an acceptable level for the NFL to even consider using that location?

Yeah, I can't believe Mackay would even be in the conversation. Sam Boyd seems like a much better option.

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, I can't believe Mackay would even be in the conversation. Sam Boyd seems like a much better option.

It's not like they couldn't make Sam Boyd work....they want the Raiders inaugural season in Las Vegas to start with a BANG in a $2 billion stadium on the Strip with lights, fireworks, and a big f*cking party.....not a mediocre college stadium in Henderson.  That's why they're looking at other places to bridge the gap until construction is completed. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

12 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yea I’ve heard that too, about the team not wanting to “spoil” it’s Vegas entrance, and it makes sense. It’s clearly not about money since the cost to get Sam Boyd up to par for a year would probably be lower then what they were prepared to pay to Oakland to lease the Coliseum for 2019. 

Couple of the  things I've heard is one of the reasons why Sam Boyd isnt an option because they dont want to spend millions to upgrade to only have it demolished a year later. Also Sam Boyd doesnt have a Fiber Connection that the Media wants for broadcast. I dont think Raiders will play the regular season at Mackey but I can see them doing a Preseason game though with the training camp here.

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Stanford seems the best choice followed by San Diego.

Reno & Vegas are probably emergency options.

I hope they choose SDCCU Stadium in SD. SDSU is just leasing it and maybe if the Raiders played 10 games there in 2019 the city might be forced to put a little more maintenance money into the place to help tide it over through 2021.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I hope they choose SDCCU Stadium in SD. SDSU is just leasing it and maybe if the Raiders played 10 games there in 2019 the city might be forced to put a little more maintenance money into the place to help tide it over through 2021.

the thought of Dean's Bolts returning to SD as the visitors has got to make him hurl.  It's too funny to pass up.

No. The Raiders won’t play next season in Reno. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, TGIFaanes said:

Couple of the  things I've heard is one of the reasons why Sam Boyd isnt an option because they dont want to spend millions to upgrade to only have it demolished a year later. Also Sam Boyd doesnt have a Fiber Connection that the Media wants for broadcast. I dont think Raiders will play the regular season at Mackey but I can see them doing a Preseason game though with the training camp here.

Yeah, when I've been to Rebel games you can hear that loud whiney modem sound using vintage AOL 14k on phone lines. 

kat.jpg