Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

USA today staff picks Bowl winners

10 minutes ago, westfan said:

I just marked  two parlay cards.I took Utah State - 8.5 on one and N. Texas +8.5 on the other. I took Fresno St -4.5 and SDSU +2.5. Who knows what happens ?  :shrug:  

Does USU even have anybody to call plays at this point? 

Matters on which Aztec team shows up, the one like last year vs Army or the one like the year before against Houston...

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

They have Fresno, Boise, and Hawai'i all winning, Nevada and Utah State losing, and SDSU a toss-up.

So it's actually 3-2-1.

Was a bit surprised at the lack of respect for Nev and Utah St.  Esp Utah state...i think they'll crush NT, even (i assume) without their hc.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

1 minute ago, godogsgo said:

Was a bit surprised at the lack of respect for Nev and Utah St.  Esp Utah state...i think they'll crush NT, even (i assume) without their hc.

Utah State has almost nothing left of their coaching staff, so they're at a big time disadvantage there. UNT isn't a pushover either, but I think that the Aggies will be able to pull it out... it just won't be as big of a win as it might have been if they had their entire staff still with the team.

I think Nevada is going to gash Arkansas State on the ground over and over again. They're giving up 200 ypg on the ground, which was good for the bottom third in NCAA, and that's backed up by S&P+ as well.

Honestly, for the most part all of our important coaching apparatus will be at the game.  Malie will do a fine job of motivating the players, they seem pumped.  They know there is loads of negative predictions out there due to coaching staff changes, and they are going out with a chip on their shoulder.  

5 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

he's like 250 pounds....middle class man's derrick henry

Yeah, I know. That's like saying if you just tackle the fullback you completely shut down the triple option. It's a lot easier said than done.