Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket

This

31 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Meh, they need to cut the defense budget in half....  and reform all entitlements while they’re at it to drastically reduce spending.  $21T and counting...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/09/27/the-gop-tax-plan-explained-in-simplest-possible-terms/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.12f1efe6ae37

And that, i know we goof off a lot on here but we're considering adding to the debt now. "I'll be gone to Trump tower Moscow", is not a plan, what are we gonna do?

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Meh, they need to cut the defense budget in half....  and reform all entitlements while they’re at it to drastically reduce spending.  $21T and counting...

Exactly.  We can tax all we want but we will never consistently collect more than 20% of GDP in taxes (as somebody here pointed out).  So we need to get taxes up to that level but also need to get spending under 20% of GDP. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Exactly.  We can tax all we want but we will never consistently collect more than 20% of GDP in taxes (as somebody here pointed out).  So we need to get taxes up to that level but also need to get spending under 20% of GDP. 

Isn't spending at or about 20% GDP? 3.8 trill versus 19 trill?

19 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Last I checked spending was at 22% or so. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 minutes ago, toonkee said:

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Last I checked spending was at 22% or so. 

$4.4 trillion for the next fiscal year or 21% of GDP.  The problem is interest on the debt is going to continue to go up so that’ll take up more and more of the federal budget if we don’t get our fiscal house in order  

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s-federal-government-spending-3305763

Just now, mugtang said:

$4.4 trillion for the next fiscal year or 21% of GDP.  The problem is interest on the debt is going to continue to go up so that’ll take up more and more of the federal budget if we don’t get our fiscal house in order  

4.4 now?

Man those Republicans spend like drunken sailors amirite?

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

4.4 now?

I’ve been critical of their bullshit tax and spending policies for awhile. 

7 hours ago, Rocket said:

You've been paying attention to defense stocks have you?

Cuz iffi'n you were you'd be chuckling at yourself.

Defense stocks have been taking it on the chin this year. DoD is mucking with the procurement process, proposing to limit progress payments, which does some very nasty things to cashflow. Wall Street no likey.

That said, I just increased my position in both BA and NOC.  LLL is a strong buy based on the Harris merger. They plan to go into platforms.

You should look into trying to make some money instead of throwing rocks.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

35 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You've been paying attention to defense stocks have you?

Cuz iffi'n you were you'd be chuckling at yourself.

Defense stocks have been taking it on the chin this year. DoD is mucking with the procurement process, proposing to limit progress payments, which does some very nasty things to cashflow. Wall Street no likey.

That said, I just increased my position in both BA and NOC.  LLL is a strong buy based on the Harris merger. They plan to go into platforms.

You should look into trying to make some money instead of throwing rocks.

The question is who's paying for this?

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’ve been critical of their bullshit tax and spending policies for awhile. 

I know.  Not really directed at you.  Just bouncing off our convo.

6 hours ago, Rocket said:

The question is who's paying for this?

A combination of lots of folks, to include the American taxpayers. I'm not sure what difference that makes, or should make to you. They provide  necessary products that keep the US protected from its enemies, among other things. They make a profit in doing so. If they didn't exist chances are the US wouldn't exist.

If you have a 401k, there's a good possibility you're already invested. IMO, they are a strong play right now, especially NOC and BA. NOC 52 week high was around $360.00. It closed today at $267.00.  They are in the process of a $4.1B stock buy back and have beat market estimates the last four quarters.  BA is likewise, way off of its 52 week high.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

8 hours ago, toonkee said:

4.4 now?

Caesar's rule is 18% not 20%.

When tax rates increase beyond 18% people cheat, borrow and steal to avoid paying any more.  Raising taxes beyond that actually starts to decrease revenue collected.

10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

A combination of lots of folks, to include the American taxpayers. I'm not sure what difference that makes, or should make to you. They provide  necessary products that keep the US protected from its enemies, among other things. They make a profit in doing so. If they didn't exist chances are the US wouldn't exist.

If you have a 401k, there's a good possibility you're already invested. IMO, they are a strong play right now, especially NOC and BA. NOC 52 week high was around $360.00. It closed today at $267.00.  They are in the process of a $4.1B stock buy back and have beat market estimates the last four quarters.  BA is likewise, way off of its 52 week high.

As a matter of fact I don't have a 401k, and on top of "Why it makes a difference to me where my taxes I paid for the past 40 years goes", it's my right to voice my concerns, check the U.S. Constitution 1st amendment.  Not only do I not agree with using my taxes to subsidize weapons manufacturers and fossil fuel companies I believe we should start jailing war criminals such as yourself. If you invest in Lockheed Martin and they deliver missiles to Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia drops them on innocent people in a civil war then you are supporting the killing of innocent people. The stock market is the stock market and we shouldn't be subsidizing the banks, the oil companies, the weapons manufacturers but instead helping people. You know the American people who this pos was elected to represent. Prison. This is why I don't support your BS.

https://medium.com/county-prep-chronicle/the-war-on-children-the-biggest-victims-of-the-yemeni-crisis-667fb74a6c48

1*lDiP8EvXg_M65_ce0hZ5cQ.jpeg